Strong and healthy hair in 4 weeks
Every girl wishes to have strong and healthy hair, be it either short or long. Some of them spend a lot of time in salons to get what they want, but working women do not get much ‘me time’ to care about themselves.
Take up the 4-week healthy hair challenge and see the benefits for yourself.
Healthy Hair Challenge Criteria and Goals:
# More Shiny and Lustrous Hair
# Moisturized enough and Bouncing with Life
# Stronger Hair strands
# Considerably more volume and less hair fall
General Guidelines/Rules for Healthy hair for these 8 weeks:
# Use wooden comb/brush with wide bristles
# Drink 8 glasses of water every day
# Drink one fruit juice/tender coconut/sugarcane juice everyday
# It’s necessary to regularly trim your hair for better hair growth and give a positive feeling about your hair.
# Eat two pieces of dates every day for Iron content. It can also have mixed dry fruits like raisins, almond, walnut, apricot, fig, etc. for in-between breaks.
# Do not comb wet hair.
# Clean your combs regularly.
# Excercise or do Yoga daily for 30 minutes, to remove everyday stress.
# Drink Amla Juice how much ever possible (Available in cartons from B’Naturals – 1 carton for two weeks)
# Try not to get into bad moods whatever be the reason!!
# Plait hair before going to bed, to avoid breakage and improve hair growth.
DIY hair pack
You can apply this pack on any weekday in the morning
Whip a tbsp of hung curd/yogurt (Take two days old curd for best results) with a tsp of lemon juice. You can skip lemon juice if you do not have any itchiness or dandruff. Lemon cleans the scalp off impurities.
First, apply coconut oil on hair.
Apply the yogurt pack on the scalp and hair shafts till the tips.
Pros: It feels so good to touch hair – soft, shiny, moisturized and bouncy.
Cons: The effect lasts only for 2 days
Also, try below given Hair growth exercise regularly
Fold both your palms inwards and place the fingernails of both hands against each other. Then with regular swift motions, rub them against each other. It is a simple technique and can be done anywhere anytime. Rub fingernails for 5-10 minutes twice a day, at any time of the day.
DIY hair pack
Grate 1 coconut. Grind it in a blender until smooth and extracted the milk.
Add 2 tsp honey, 4 drops of essential oil like lavender/rosemary to 1/3rd cup of coconut milk and whip it up.
Apply oil on your hair and after that apply this pack
Pros: Very soft and manageable hair. People with rough and dry hair can give it a try.
Cons: Hair not bouncy/volume, Not shiny as the Yogurt pack
This time you should give some protein treatment
Whip 1 whole egg with 1/2 cup curd
Add 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp olive/almond oil, and 1 tsp honey.
Apply this pack and cover your hair with a shower cap.
Left it on for 30-40 minutes and then wash
Pros: You will notice less hair fall for the first 3 days
Cons: You will have to clean your bathroom because of egg smell
Trim your hair
Now you are almost done, you will notice healthier hair in terms of the texture, healthy ends and shiny too. But you should do few things quite religiously: Methi+Curd Hair masks once in two weeks, 20 mins Yoga every day, drinking enough water, oiling your hair with a combination of the healthiest oils.
Methi+Curd Hair Pack recipe:
Use any organic Methi powder (readily available in supermarkets). Add sour curd to it and a few drops of essential oil like rosemary/lavender. Apply the pack on your scalp and hair strands too. Keep it for 30 mins and wash with shampoo as usual. Conditioner can be used if required. This pack gives amazing conditioned hair, smooth and shiny results. Hair fall is also reduced until the next wash.
Apart from following these hair care tips, you can use these organic hair masks to improve the quality of hair and make it grow like never before:
Avocado hair mask to moisturize dry hair
- Ripe avocado: 1
- Lavender Essential Oil: 2-3 drops (Optional)
- Manuka honey: 2 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil: tablespoons
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend it into a smooth hair mask.
- Pour out the contents in a clean container.
- Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb to make sure that it is detangled.
- Divide your hair into small sections.
- Wear a pair of gloves.
- Take a generous amount of this hair mask on your hairbrush and apply it all over your hair from the roots to the tips, also apply it on your scalp.
- Tie your hair in a high-raised bun if you want to.
- Wear a shower cap to prevent this hair mask from dripping and staining your clothes.
- Keep it on for about 40-45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with your favorite shampoo.
- Follow up with a hair conditioner.
- Use a hair serum afterwards.
- Use this hair mask once in a week to get the best results.
Nourishing cucumber hair mask
- Cucumber: 1
- Yogurt: 5-6 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tablespoon
- Dice the cucumber into small pieces.
- Then add it in a blender along with all the other ingredients.
- Blend it into a fine paste.
- Pour out the contents in a clean container.
- Apply this hair mask all over your scalp with your fingertips.
- Massage your scalp for about 5-10 minutes.
- Keep this hair mask on for the next 20-30 minutes.
- Then rinse it off with your regular shampoo.
- Follow up with a conditioner.
- Blow-dry your hair.
- Apply a hair serum afterwards.
- Apply this hair mask once in a week to feel the change.
Hibiscus hair mask to boost hair growth
- Hibiscus leaves: a handful
- Unsweetened curd: 1 bowl
- Take the hibiscus leaves and wash them.
- After that add in a blender and blend it into a smooth slimy paste.
- This paste to yogurt and mix it well to get a slimy pastel green hair mask.
- Apply this hair mask all over your hair and scalp.
- Keep it on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Follow up with a shampoo and hair conditioner.
- To reap the maximum benefits apply this hair mask twice in a month.