Spending time outside in the sun may feel good but your skin can be very harmful.
While skin cancer is a major health concern, the sun may also cause dark spots or a general obscuring of your skin.
If you want to make your skin look lighter or clearer, a homemade whitening cream will do the trick.
Best of all, you can use ingredients you already have in your kitchen to cook one up.
To help brighten your complexion, consider making a simple whitening cream with lemons for oily skin or dry skin almonds.
Almond Whitening Cream
- 5 to 6 almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened, organic curd
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a food processor, put 5 to 6 whole, almonds.
- Process the nuts until a fine, powdery texture is reached which should take 5 to 10 seconds.
- You can use a blender or coffee grinder to grind the almonds if you don’t have a food processor.
Almonds are high in vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can protect the skin from being harmed by sunlight.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground almonds with 1 cup of unsweetened curd, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. If you have issues with curd you can replace it with store-bought aloe vera gel. Just make sure it doesn’t have harsh chemicals and added color or fragrance.
- Mix so that everything is completely blended. Curd is high in lactic acid, and the skin is exfoliated to lighten dark spots.
Honey contains antioxidants that help prevent damage to the sun which can make the skin dark.
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C which can help prevent the darkening of the skin.
- Transfer the lotion to an airtight container with a lid.
- Make sure you store the lotion in the refrigerator.
- The cream will remain fresh for about 1 to 2 weeks. But discard it if you see any signs of rotten or you smell the foul smell.
- When you find that this makes more than you can use in 1 to 2 weeks you can take the half measurement and then make the lotion.
- Since the curd lactic acid will make your skin sensitive to the sun, it is best not to use it during the day.
- Apply it for better performance in the evening before you go to sleep.
- Just massage the lotion on your entire body and let it soak in your skin.
- Start using the cream every other night, or only a few days a week, if you have sensitive skin. Your skin may be irritated by the lactic acid and vitamin skin, so it is best to go slow until your skin is used to it.
- Be sure to wash off the cream with warm water and a gentle cleanser in the morning.
- Apply sunscreen before you head out.
- Apart from that, you can also make sure you eat the right foods and take the right supplements.
- Take a regular 25 g beta carotene supplement to improve the skin’s natural protection mechanism against UV rays.
- Increase your intake of foods such as tomatoes, oranges, etc. as they are rich in antioxidants, and boost lycopene production in the skin that works as a natural SPF.