Rice water has been a key component in the beauty routines of Asian cultures, particularly among Korean, Indian, and Japanese women, spanning centuries. In recent times, the beauty secrets of rice water have transcended borders, becoming a widely embraced remedy for promoting hair growth. However, the remarkable benefits of rice water for the skin remain relatively undiscovered by many. This article aims to shed light on the process of preparing rice water and its advantages for the skin.
DIY Rice Water Toner for Skin
- Rice (any variety) – 100 g
- Water – 3 cups
- Spray bottle
How to Make Rice Water Toner:
1. Soaking Method
- Take 100g of rice, gently wash it to eliminate impurities.
- Place the washed rice in a bowl and add 3 cups of water.
- Let the rice soak for approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Stir the soaked rice gently and strain the rice water.
- Transfer the rice water into a spray bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
2. Fermentation Method
- Wash a cup of rice thoroughly.
- Place the rice in a bowl and add 3 cups of water.
- Cover the bowl with a thin cotton cloth and let the rice soak for two days.
- After two days, stir the rice gently and strain the rice water.
- Store the rice water in a glass bottle and refrigerate it.
3. Boiling Method
- Wash 100g of rice.
- Boil 3 cups of water and add the washed rice to it.
- Allow it to simmer for 5-8 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Strain the starchy rice water and let it cool for an hour.
- Transfer the rice water to a bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
- The refrigerated rice water can be used for a week, prepared through any of the methods.
How to Use Rice Water Toner:
- Spray the rice water on your face.
- Allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with water and let it air dry.
- If a spray bottle is unavailable, apply the rice water on your face using a cotton ball.
Advice: Rice water can be used directly to wash your face or hair. Additionally, it can be incorporated into DIY face masks or hair masks for enhanced benefits.