Today we will share a really simple clean-up routine that you can easily do at home.
This clean-up is suitable for all skin types, as the key ingredient is green tea, which is full of antioxidants and very gentle on the skin.
The first and most important step to remove all dirt and excess oil on your face.
To prepare the green tea cleanser, you will need
- Half tbsp cooled curd – If you don’t have curd, you can use raw milk too
- 1 green tea bag
- And 1/3 cup warm water
- Put the tea bag in warm water and let it steep until the water converts into a slightly green color.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of green tea and mix with 1 tablespoon of the chilled curd/milk.
- Then dip a cotton ball and massage your face with this gentle cleanser in upward strokes for about 5-10 minutes.
Green tea can be very effective in treating acne and other skin problems caused by bacteria that get trapped inside the skin.
Polyphenols act as an intensive cleanser and defend against all forms of skin infections.
Now coming to step 2, that is exfoliation.
Exfoliating is very important to your clean-up routine because it helps to eliminate dead skin cells accumulated on the surface of the skin.
To prepare this scrub, you will need
- 2 teaspoons green tea
- 1 teaspoon milk cream
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
If you don’t have fine sugar, you can also take rice powder.
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients in the given measurements and mix them until you get a coarse scrub like mixture.
- Apply this scrub to your cleansed face and gently scrub your face in circular motions.
- Remember to be extremely gentle as we have sugar in the scrub.
- Leave it on for about additional 5 minutes.
- Rinse your face with some lukewarm water and pat it dry.
Just like milk, the milk cream also contains lactic acid.
This acid will help reduce the development of fine lines and wrinkles and increase the firmness of the skin.
Sugar is a natural Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) glycolic acid.
Now coming to our final step, which is a face mask.
To prepare this mask, you will need
- 1 tablespoon green tea
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients in the given measurements and mix them until you get a smooth face mask.
- Apply this to your freshly exfoliated face.
- Avoid getting too close to sensitive areas like your mouth and around the eyes.
- Keep it on until it is dry completely.
- Rinse it off using normal tap water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Your clean up is done now.
- Make sure you apply your face moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
For best results, do this clean up at night, so your skin is not exposed to sun light for the next few hours.