Homemade Potato Toner, best dark spot eraser
May 12, 2023 Written by GP Team
Potato is a kitchen ingredient that is widely used in many homemade skincare recipes. It is very effective to fade dark spots on your face, thanks to its composition of skin-brightening ingredients like potassium, Vitamin C, and an enzyme called catecholase, it can fade spots, hyperpigmentation, freckles, and tan over time.
DIY Potato toner not only helps to curb all the above issues, it also adds a bright glow to your face and helps to tighten large pores.
To make this toner, you will need
- 1 small potato
- Lemon juice – a few drops
- Aloe vera gel – 1 teaspoon
- Peel, grate, blend and extract the juice out of the potato. You may get around 4-5 tablespoons of potato juice.
- Next, take a small glass jar and pour the potato juice in it, add a teaspoon of aloe vera gel, a few drops of lemon juice, and 4-5 tablespoons of rose water.
- Mix all the ingredients well and the toner is ready. Now transfer this potato juice to a clean empty spray bottle. Shake the bottle well before you use it.
- Spray this potato juice/ toner on your face 2-3 times a day and use it daily to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- You cannot store the freshly made potato toner, hence you will have to make it daily.
For best results make fresh toner daily. If you want to store it longer, say about a week, then replace fresh potato juice with a teaspoon of potato powder. This way you can store the toner for 1 week in the refrigerator.