Other than being a great kitchen ingredient, onion has a bundle of health benefits that can promote your hair growth.
The homemade onion hair treatment can make your hair grow strong and long by nourishing your scalp.
In this article, we are going to share a few onion hair treatments that can offer a guaranteed solution to stop hair fall.
Treatment 1- As Hair Mask
To prepare this hair mask, you will need
- 1 onion and
- 2 tbsp of curd
- Peel an onion and cut it down into a few small slices.
- Then grind the onion pieces well until you get a smooth paste.
- Use a strainer and filter the onion juice separately in a small bowl.
- Now add 2 tbsp of onion juice and curd into a clean mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well and your hair mask is ready to use.
- Then comb your hair to remove all the knots and divide it into a few small sections.
- Now slather this mask all over your hair and scalp from the root till reaching the tip of your hair.
- Gently massage your scalp with the mask for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then wash your hair with running cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Use any herbal shampoo while washing your hair.
- Repeat using this mask 3 times every week regularly until you get some impressive results on your hair.
- Apply this mask by morning before going to bath for getting positive results.
Curd can prevent your scalp from dandruff and reduce hair fall.
This mask can fight against all the weak follicles and repair all the damage on your hair. It can make your hair to be soft, silky and smooth with a natural shine on it. Also, this mask can effectively treat and prevent your hair from dryness by moisturizing your scalp.
Treatment 2- As Scalp Treatment
- Combine 3 tsp. onion juice with 2 tsp. lemon juice.
- Apply mixture to hair and scalp as evenly as possible.
- Leave on hair and scalp for 30 minutes.
- Rinse and use a mild shampoo to reduce any onion smells.
Treatment 2- As Hair Rinse
- To do this hair rinse, peel 3 onions and grind them well using a blender or a mixer.
- Now extract the onion juice separately in a small bowl using a strainer or cheesecloth.
- Add a few drops of plain water with the onion juice if you find the odor of extract to be too strong.
- Soak a clean cotton ball into the onion juice and start applying it all over your hair and scalp.
- Let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now rinse your hair using running cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Wash your hair with any mild shampoo to get rid of the onion odor on your hair.
- Repeat rinsing your hair with this juice 2 to 3 times every week regularly to get some visible changes on your hair.
The growth rate of your hair can easily be increased by onion extract which can increase the volume and length of your hair.
This extract can make your hair follicles to be stronger by nourishing them well with all the essential nutrients.