Does anything sound more relaxing than a bath of lukewarm water and a shower gel after returning home from the office?
You can use soap, of course, but the fragrance and rich moisturization foam produced by a shower gel seems to be a better and more attractive option!
However, you will not have to opt for random shower gels, which is not necessary.
At home, you can very well make natural shower gels which are made without much fuss with natural ingredients.
To make such a natural and homemade shower gel, you can use the olive oil.
- Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- Raw Honey
- Essential Oil Of Your Choice
- Liquid Castile Soap
- Add 1⁄4 cup of raw honey, 1/3 cup of cold-pressed olive oil, and 1⁄2 cup of Castile liquid soap in a glass bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well with a whisk until mixed.
- Add a few drops of your preferred essential oil to this mixture and give it one last mix.
- Transfer your homemade shower gel to an empty pump bottle and use it, your homemade olive oil shower gel is now ready to use.
- Store it away from heat and sunlight.
- You can take a little on a wet sponge, and work on your body with a lather.
Olive oil is an excellent natural moisturizer, and it can very well nourish the skin.
Its vitamins and antioxidants protect your skin from harm, and slow skin aging to an extent as well.
The fragrance you get in OTC shower gels might be missing but the benefits of olive oil are overwhelming.
Furthermore, when you use olive oil to make a shower gel at home, there is no chance of mixing any chemical or toxins.
You won’t have to suffer a lot of expenses to also do this at home.
1. Raw honey – Besides the amazing flavor honey, there’s also a great moisturizing agent that’s extremely hydrating for the skin.
Honey also possesses antibacterial properties that protect the skin against various skin infections.
It’s important for this recipe that you use raw honey to get the maximum benefits.
Honey in this body wash is the secret ingredient.
In it, we note that honey helps keep moisture and elasticity in your skin without drying it out.
That makes honey perfect for skin that’s mature, dry, itchy or damaged.
It may also help to speed up the healing of blemished skin.
Rather than making the homemade body wash sticky, the honey just makes it smooth and sweet. Using raw, unfiltered honey, lastly, for sure.
2. Olive oil – For best results use a good quality virgin olive oil.
3. Castile liquid soap – It adds cleaning properties to the finished product.
Use a pure Castile liquid soap will ensure that your DIY body wash is sudsy, without adding toxic foaming agents.
Yet consider using scented or unscented castile soap.
For a fact, if you use scented castile soap, you can remove the essential oils, or leave them in for their medicinal benefits.
4. Some essential oil – Pick the one that fits your skin type.
If you are looking for antibacterial properties, go for rosemary and peppermint oil and then go for lavender oil if you are looking for a more soothing effect.
Adding essential oils to the shower gel will add a sweet fragrance.
However, ensure just a few drops are added as the essential oils are highly concentrated.