A wonderfully complete sugar scrub recipe, it not only exfoliates, it also soothes, smooths, nourishes, protects and hydrates your skin. Sugar is actually a natural glycolic acid which is used to slough off dead skin cells to stimulate the growth of new cells. Milk has proteins, calcium, lactose, fat, vitamin A, B12, D, and zinc. Milk soothes and nourishes the skin and the natural ingredients from this dairy product helps hydrate, alleviate redness and prevents skin irritation. Extra virgin olive oil penetrates deep into the skin, providing needed moisture as well as a shield to protect your skin, keeping it smooth. Honey helps lock in moisture, making your skin look younger and healthier.
To make this Milk Sugar Scrub you will need :
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk( it really depends on how thick you want your scrub, add accordingly)
- First of all, Mix all the ingredients until you have a smooth, not runny, paste.
- Add more sugar if necessary. Before applying a sugar scrub clean your skin with lukewarm to warm water. Even better is to take a hot shower or a steam bath to clean and open up your pores.
- Rub the scrub in a circular motion onto your body and face and gently massage to exfoliate.
- Then rinse it off with alternately cold and warm water, end with a splash of cold, pat your skin, tone and moisturize.
Milk-brown sugar scrub for a clear skin
This scrub is suitable for all skin types, but still, we would recommend a patch test before trying it out.
- Brown sugar: 100 grams
- Almond milk: 25 ml
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- First of all, Mix all the ingredients in a container until the sugar granules dissolve completely.
- Take a generous amount of this scrub on your fingertips and apply it all over your face.
- Now, gently exfoliate in circular motions applying light pressure to remove the dead skin cells from your face.
- Rinse off with tepid water.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Apply this scrub twice in a week to get the best results.
Milk-sugar-oatmeal scrub to remove blackheads and whiteheads
This scrub is extremely effective for people with normal to dry skin type, it does not remove blackheads and whiteheads but also intensely moisturizes the skin.
- Castor sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Instant oats: half a tablespoon
- Full fat milk: 4 tablespoons
- Sweet almond oil: 1 tablespoon
- Manuka honey: half a tablespoon
- Cotton balls: 2-3
- First of all, Add all the ingredients in a blender to make a fine paste.
- Now dip a cotton ball in milk, squeeze out the excess and cleanse your face with it.
- Let it dry out completely, then apply this scrub all over your face and then gently exfoliate for about a minute or two.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply a toner.
- Follow up with a moisturizer.
- Apply this scrub twice a week to get the best results.
Orange oil and Milk Skin Cleansing Scrub
This scrub is effective in cleansing the skin and balancing the levels of sebum on the skin. It will help remove any and all traces of dirt and impurities from your skin. Moreover, it could also help you in evening out and lightening your skin tone and impart a radiant and fresh glow to it.
- Orange oil: 7 drops
- Sugar: 2 tsp
- Milk cream: 2 tsp
- Olive oil: 5 tsp
- First of all, extract some orange oil by squeezing the orange peel and take that in a mixing bowl.
- Then, add in all the other ingredients and combine them all together thoroughly by stirring and whisking the mixture.
- After that, use the resultant mixture as a scrub to exfoliate and treat your skin well and then leave it on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the scrub off of your skin and finish with a moisturizer and you are done!
- Use this scrub a couple of times every week to keep your skin clean and its complexion and pigmentation balanced and looking bright.
Milk and Almond meal and Bentonite Clay Facial Scrub
This one is a great option for cleansing the skin by removing all dead skin cells and other impurities and toxins while making the skin softer and smoother and stronger too. This one is different than others as it is fully a dry scrub. It is quite nourishing too and will promote your skin’s elasticity and provide it with skin brightening properties.
- Almond meal: 1/2 cup
- Bentonite clay: 1/2 cup
- Organic whole milk powder: 2 tbsp
- First of all, you need to finely grind the almond meal to a powder so utilize a blender for that purpose.
- After that, add in all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir and shake them together thoroughly combine them with each other.
- Then, to use the srub, take a little bit of it in your hands and then add a little bit of tepid water to make a paste. Alternatively, you can also use a nourishing carrier oil such as coconut or sweet almond oil.
- After that, use the resultant paste as a facial scrub and massage your face with it using gentle circular motions.
- Lastly, rinse the scrub off of your face using warm water and finish with a moisturizer. You are done!
- You can use this great scrub once or twice in a week to nourish and treat and cleanse your skin thoroughly and improve its condition and health significantly.
Rice and Milk Scrub for Smooth and Polished Skin
This scrub exfoliates the skin very well to remove any traces of excess oils on the skin to make the skin soft and smooth and glowing.
- Rice: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 2-3 tbsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Orange essence: few drops
- Cinnamon sticks: 2 or 3
- Lemon juice: 1/2 tbsp
- First of all, soak the rice in some water for about half an hour after adding the lemon juice to it.
- After that, take the rice out and grind it after about 5 minutes to obtain a paste.
- Then, bring some milk to boil while there is cinnamon in it. Do that until the milk turns thick and changes color slightly.
- After that, take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine them together thoroughly by stirring.
- Then, use the resultant scrub to massage your face or skin for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off using warm water. You are done!
- Use this scrub once a week to cleanse the skin thoroughly and provide tons of beautifying benefits to it. This scrub will help you fight a variety of issues like oiliness, acne, skin darkening and much more.