Make your own vitamin C face serum
You might have noticed vitamin C to be an essential part of many lotions and creams that we buy at the stores.
So, how about using vitamin C face serum regularly on your skin that could offer maximum benefits?
In this article, we are going to share how to make your own vitamin C face serum at your home using simple natural ingredients.
To prepare this serum, you will need
- 1 tbsp of Vitamin C powder
- 1 tbsp of filtered water or glycerin
- 1/2 tbsp of Vitamin E oil and
- 1 tbsp of Aloe vera gel
You can either buy vitamin C powder online or you can crush vitamin C tablets to make powder.
- Take a clean mixing bowl and add the vitamin C powder and filtered water or glycerin into it.
- Then blend the ingredients well until you get a fine mixture.
- Add aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil into the mixture and blend it again.
- Continue doing this until you get a fine serum with a smooth consistency.
- Now wash your face well with running cold water and pat it dry.
- Then take a few drops of this serum and apply it all over your face.
- If you have sensitive skin, then it is better to dilute the serum with plain water before applying it on your face.
- Gently massage your face with the serum for 4 to 5 minutes.
- After that, apply any regular moisturizer on your face to prevent dryness.
- Let the serum be there on your face overnight.
- Wash your face with running cold water after you wake up in the morning.
- Repeat using this serum once every night regularly for 3 months until you get some visible changes on your face.
- Remember not to use this serum by morning as it might cause some side effects due to sun exposure.
- Transfer the remaining serum into a clean amber bottle and store it for future use.
This serum can gradually increase collagen production in your skin. So, there can be no chance for your skin to face conditions like wrinkles, dark spots, facial lines, age spots and many more.
The rich antioxidant content present in this serum can help in repairing and renewing the new skin cells.
This can eventually make your skin bright and youthful with a radiant glowing effect naturally.
Last but not least, it can also act as an effective barrier to protect your skin from UV rays and other sun damages.
Apart from using this serum, there are a few simple night skincare routines that can offer more benefits to your skin.
- #1. Have the habit of removing your makeup before going to bed every day.
- #2. It is better to opt double cleansing method at night times to get better results.
- #3. Never forget to moisturize your skin before bedtime to have a healthy glow while waking up in the morning.
- #4. You can use night eye creams to get rid of dark circles and eye bags.
- #5. Also, use homemade overnight acne treatments if you have acne-prone skin.