Ever wondered how Korean stars and celebrities still manage to flaunt gorgeous hair, whether it’s in our favorite K-drama or on the red carpet?
Korean beauty is highly praised for the many steps that women take to ensure that their skin and hair are in a good state.
While most of us have already included their skincare steps in our daily routine, Korean hair care tips are something you need to acknowledge right now.
Remember how their hair still looks good, even though they go in crazy colors or style their hair differently all the time.
That is because their approach to hair care is more focused.
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- In a small bowl combine two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, and one teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
- Mix with a spoon until a scrub is formed.
- Add one teaspoon honey and three drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Lastly, mix everything well to make the scrub.
- Apply the required amount of scalp scrub to dry or moist hair.
- Using your fingers, gently massage into your scalp in a circular motion.
- Massaging your scalp not only increases circulation but exfoliates dead skin cells, dirt, and oil that can clog your pores.
- Leave the scrub to detox your scalp for a few minutes.
- And tie your hair in a shower cap while the mask works its magic.
- After allowing the mask to work on the scalp, rinse and clean with the shampoo.
- And use the conditioner as usual.
- Hydrate and moisturize your hair with coconut oil. It’s filled with antioxidants and good hair vitamins. It helps avoid frizzy hair.
Even before thinking of washing your scalp with shampoo, exfoliation is necessary.
That’s how Korean women ensure that their scalp is properly cleansed.
Korean hair care guidelines recommend that you treat your hair and scalp differently because they have different needs.
Shampoos often do not extract as many dead follicles from the scalp as a scalp exfoliator can do.
Korean hair care requires the use of a scalp scaler applied to the pre-shampoo scalp.
It is a work that improves your hair quality significantly.
Conditioning & Masking
- Coconut Cream
- Cocoa Powder
- In a small bowl, add 5 tablespoons fresh coconut cream, 1/2 cup of no-sugar-added cocoa powder, 3/4 tablespoon of powdered cinnamon.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Apply to damp hair from root to tip, cover with a plastic wrap or a shower cap, and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, then wash as usual.
This mask helps to improve strength, due to antioxidant-rich dark chocolate, theobromine to stimulate growth in blood circulation, and cinnamon which also promotes circulation within hair follicles.
You know, the hair conditioner is a must.
But what you’re supposed to do is to apply a hair mask once a week.
Korean women do this consistently as it allows their hair to be protected under any weather situation.
DIY hair packs are also a fantastic idea because you know the ingredients in these packets are all good.
Oiling, Moisturising, & Essences
- Argan Oil
- Spray Bottle
If you want you can simply apply the argan oil to your hair and scalp and leave it overnight.
But this is one of the tricks that many women in Korea like.
- In a spray bottle add 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil and 4 tablespoons of lukewarm water.
- Shake the bottle well and spray this to your scalp directly.
Oil treatment is important for beautiful hair, as it coats the hair to protect it from damage and provides shine.
Argan oil is an essential part of most Korean hair care routines because it helps make the hair more manageable and free from frizz.
One K-pop star likes to blend a 1:4 ratio of oil and water and spray it on its mane for light hydration and silky smoothness.
Hair essences are also a big deal in South Korea and can be used for post hair washing.
There are different hair essences for different conditions so that you can use them accordingly.