You have a few different home treatments and a few tips and tricks that you can try if you would like your thick, curly hair to be straight, but you do not want to damage it.
Wrap wet hair tightly around your head:
- You can get slight hair by wrapping your hair around your head when it’s wet to straighten hair that has looser or medium curls.
- Comb your wet hair and split it in half.
- Comb the left part, from back to front, all the way around your head, and pin it in place.
- Do the same for your hair on the right side.
- Let your hair air-dry, and for extra protection, sleep with a scarf over it.
Sleep with elastic hair bands in every inch down your ponytail.
- Put damp, combed hair into 1 or 2 low, loose ponytails.
- Fasten more elastic hair bands loosely, so you don’t create dents in your hair,
every inch down each ponytail.
- Sleep with the bands in your hair, and remove them in the morning.
Try a natural straightening mask
1st Hair Mask:
- Coconut Water
- Lemon Juice
- Mix the 1 cup of coconut water and 2tablespoon of lemon juice together to prepare this concoction.
- Try and apply this on your clean scalp and hair, and then leave the mixture overnight.
- In the morning, apply it from root to Tip to your hair, keep it on for 30 minutes and wash with cold water and a light shampoo.
- For the best results, use this hair mask once a week.
The lemon and coconut water mask is one hair mask that will give your hair a sleek look from the first application.
Citrusy lemon leaves silky smooth your hair, providing a vitamin C boost to your scalp, while coconut water provides hydration.
2nd Hair Mask:
- Mix and mash the same portions of banana and papaya together.
- To make a smooth paste, make sure that you get rid of any lumps and mix them together.
- Use your hands to spread the mixture to your hair and allow it to dry for 45 minutes.
- Use cold water and gentle shampoo to wash.
Bananas, which are enriched with potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates, and vitamins, help to smooth your hair and strengthen its natural elasticity.
This hair mask, combined with the vitamin A-rich papaya, helps increase your hair’s tensile strength and gives it a straighter look.
3rd Hair Mask:
- Rice water rinse is the reason for many women’s long, sleek, shiny hair.
- It is important that you clean the rice to get rid of any dirt or impurities in order to prepare your rice water rinse.
- Rinse your rice and strain it until the water has no trace of dirt in it.
- Mix the clean rice with filtered water in a bowl after washing and stir until the water becomes cloudy; strain it out of the rice.
- Store this rice water in a glass container and cover with a lid.
- Leave it to ferment for 12 to 24 hours at room temperature.
All the vitamins and minerals that nourish your hair are carried out through the fermentation method.
For the desired results, it is best to use your rice water right away.
If you do wish to store it, you can do it in an empty shampoo or clean and dry spray bottle and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
With the benefits of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds, rice water infuses your hair, thus enhancing its texture and appearance.