Split ends start slowly and gradually rob you of your peace with frizz, dryness, and destruction.
But the good news is that you don’t have to deal with them forever.
Although it’s one of the simplest ways to get a trim, this video is more than that.
Our hair has to fight with so many problems every single day, including sun damage, heat, dust, pollution, chemicals, and so on.
Split ends are the most common hair problem we face.
Let us first understand what causes split ends and their causes before we jump to treatments and preventive measures.
What Causes Split Ends?
- Washing your hair with hot water
- Harsh hair brushing
- Wrapping your hair in a towel
- Sleeping in an uncomfortable tight hairstyle
- Constant styling straighteners, curlers, blow dryers
- Chemical therapies such as hair color, perming, straightening
- Poor diets
- Haircare items that contain alcohol
- Sun’s exposure
- Lack of moisture
How To Remove Split Ends?
Candle Burning Method
- One of the new and pretty popular ways to get rid of split ends is candle cutting or velaterapia teletherapy, which is performed in a competent salon.
- It consists of twisting parts of the hair and burning it with a lighted candle halfway through.
- This means that the broken ends are sealed and not broken again.
- If you would like to go through this treatment, seek professional help. Doing it on your own could burn your hair and skin.
Hair Dusting Method
- Hair dusting is a procedure in which a professional slides the scissors and comb gently over the length of your hair to cut off tiny ends while keeping your overall hair long.
Natural Remedies For Split Ends
Make sure you’re using a flat beer on your hair.
Beer with fizz can damage your hair.
- After shampooing your hair, just wash your hair with beer and keep it for 2-3 minutes before washing it again.
Applying beer is as good as drinking beer.
It provides sugar and protein to your damaged hair follicles, regulating split ends.
It also helps to add texture to your hair, apart from acting as a wonderful conditioner.
- To use honey in your hair, in a bowl, take 3 tablespoons of raw honey.
- Add half a cup of plain full fat curd and 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil to it.
- Now you mix them well with the help of a fork and apply this hydrating mask on your hair and scalp.
- After keeping it for 30-40 minutes, you wash your hair.
The shortage of moisture and hydration is one of the major causes of split ends.
Extreme dryness or exposure to the hot and humid atmosphere leaves the scalp dry, which ultimately causes hair issues such as split ends.
Honey is considered a miracle ingredient not only for your skin but also for your hair.
Prevents moisture loss and increases hydration. Its anti-bacterial properties improve the follicles of your hair and cleanse the dirt accumulated in your scalp.
Honey has a moisturizing agent that prevents the loss of moisture, preventing you from having a dry scalp.
As a result, it will also avoid split ends as it enhances hair follicles.
It also helps keep your hair scalp clean because of its anti-bacterial effect.
Black Lentils (Dal)
- Black Lentils
- Fenugreek Seeds
- In a food processor, make a coarse to fine powder of half a cup of black lentils along with 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and blend it well.
- Once power is formed, now add half a cup of plain curd and again mix it well.
- Now let the mask soak in for 30 minutes.
- Then apply this thick paste on your hair and scalp and keep it for at least 1 hour before you wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Black lentils are a wonderful source of protein, iron, folic acid, phosphorus, and fiber, among others.
Folic acid is responsible for transmitting oxygen from your blood to your hair follicles, thereby enhancing the consistency of your hair.
You should apply it and, of course, have a lot of it in your diet.