Perfect skin is a mystery – everybody desires it, but few people actually have it.
And detox teas are the best way to make this possible!
1st Detox Tea:
Detox Green Tea Recipe
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 green tea bag
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Slightly cool the hot water because this will get the best out of your delicate tea leaves, allowing the hot water to cool slightly for 2-3 minutes.
- To release its delicious fragrance, pour the water on to the teabag.
- Leave the teabag for up to 3 minutes to infuse.
- You can brew a little longer if you want a stronger taste, but watch out; over-brewing can cause bitterness.
- Remove the tea bag and enjoy your delicious detox green tea!
Lemons activate the liver naturally and help to flush out any toxins.
It’s also a mild diuretic, which will make you use the washroom more frequently, but you’ll help your urinary tract get rid of any unnecessary toxins by doing so.
Lemons are also filled with vitamin C, which helps combat free radical damage and helps produce collagen in your body.
2nd Detox Tea:
Lemon, Ginger & Turmeric Detox Tea Recipe
- 6 cups of water
- 1 chunk fresh ginger
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 fresh lemons
- Firstly peel the ginger and thinly dice them.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and 6 cups of plain water in a large jar over high heat.
- Bring the water to a boil, then turn the heat setting to the lowest and simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Next, add the cinnamon sticks, turmeric, and cayenne and simmer on low heat for another 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down and strain.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.
Ginger is also another free radical damage fighter and can help to minimize acne-caused inflammation.
As it improves blood circulation and promotes glowing skin, it is also perfect for your hair.
For those suffering from acne, cayenne is a perfect natural cure.
By improving blood flow to the skin, it helps to prevent and treat acne.
In order to benefit the skin, Cayenne pepper is also high in Vitamins C and E and packed full of antioxidants.
It has been shown that daily ingestion of cayenne pepper reduces acne severity.
Cinnamon has plenty of antioxidants that help combat infection.
It has also been shown that blood sugar levels stabilize, which may benefit the skin in turn.
3rd Detox Tea:
Turmeric Detox Tea Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Haldi
- 1/2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups of water
- Take a bowl, add water, and warm it.
- Once it starts to simmer and all the other ingredients.
- Stir everything well.
- Keep boiling the tea till it reduces to half.
- Consume it while it is still warm.
For decades, turmeric has been around and has been proven to help prevent the symptoms of aging.
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are known and can help minimize redness.
When taken in combination with turmeric, black pepper is most helpful as it helps the body consume the herb’s benefits.
Regularly taking detox teas can help your body rapidly remove toxins – although this is beneficial to your body, toxins can have a negative effect on your skin as it can lead to breakouts.
The good news is that this type of breakouts are just temporary, and you’ll actually see an improvement in your skin once your body has gone through the full detox.
It’s important to note that detox teas for naturally radiant skin are not and should not be the only solution.
Just as essential is a good natural skincare routine with the right ingredients for your type of skin.
Eating healthy, drinking detox teas, and choosing the right ingredients for natural skincare are all keys to having the perfect skin you are seeking!