How to do steam facial at home for oily skin (very effective for acne)
Today I am going to tell you the process to do steam facial at home. If you have acne and oily skin, this is very beneficial for you. Please note that you need not do this facial more than once in a week, otherwise, it might harm your skin.
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon pieces – 3 to 4 pieces of cinnamon
- Green tea – 1 tablespoon
How to do this steam facial:
1. Clean your face and neck, you can use any facial cleanser for this purpose, pat dries your skin.
2. Take at least ½ to 1 liter of plain water and transfer it to a large hot pan. Boil the water till it is hot.
3. Add turmeric, cinnamon and green tea in mentioned quantity to the boiling water. Now, turn off the flame.
4. After turning off the flame, take a clean spoon and mix all the ingredients so that we can activate the natural herbs and spices. The hot water will turn bright yellow in color because of the turmeric powder, but you needn’t worry! The color indicates the proper working of the active herbs.
Now you have to take this steam. Cover your head with a thick towel. Please take care, water should not be very hot otherwise it might damage your skin. For sensitive skin no need to take steam more than 10 minutes, if you have combination or oily skin, you can take steam up to 20 minutes.
Why should you consider doing a steam facial?
- It helps to open up the clogged skin pores.
- You can use a metallic blackhead remover to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads after steaming your face.
- If you have acne-prone skin then use a few drops of neem essential oil in your diffuser and then steam your face.
- If you want added anti-aging benefits from steam facial then add a few drops of lavender essential oil in your steamer and then steam your face.
- Always use a face pack after steaming your face and let your skin seep in all the goodness of steaming.
- It relaxes your mind and uplifts your mood.
- Helps your skin pores breathe easily.
- Helps to detoxify without putting in many efforts.
- It is pocket-friendly and you need not spend a fortune in the salon.
- It adds a subtle glow to your face.
- It helps your skin to absorb the skincare products better, especially those products that are infused with the goodness of retinoids.
- It can also steam their face occasionally or once in a week for problem-free skin.
When should you get a facial steaming done?
- Although there is no specific time for doing facial steaming, it is better that you do it right before starting with your night-time skincare regime.
- Do not stop right after steaming.
- Remove the blackheads and whiteheads, or scrub your face properly.
- Follow up with a face pack and a moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
- If you don’t have a steamer at home then consider getting a professional clean up done at least once in a fortnight to keep your face clean and free from blemishes.
I am also listing down DIY face pack recipes for every skin type that you can use after steaming your face:
DIY face pack recipe for oily skin
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Multani mitti
- Steam-distilled rose water
- Add equal amounts of all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix everything well to make your own face pack.
- You need not clean your face again after steaming.
- Use a face pack applicator to apply this face pack evenly all over your face.
- Keep it on for about 15 minutes at a stretch.
- Then splash some running tap water on your face to wash it off.
- Follow up with your regular toner and moisturizer to complete the skincare regime.
- Try this skincare regime once in a week and you are good to go.
DIY face pack recipe for dry skin
- Oats: 3 teaspoon
- Yogurt: 1 teaspoon
- Cucumber juice: 1 teaspoon
- Take all the ingredients in the specified quantities in a mixing bowl.
- Give it a good stir to make sure that everything gets mixed up well.
- All you have to do is pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Take a generous amount of this face pack on your face pack applicator and apply it evenly all over your face.
- Keep it on until this face pack dries up completely.
- Then rinse it off with running tap water.
- Wipe your face clean.
- Then spritz on a natural facial mist and follow up with a regular moisturizer.
- Use this face pack once or twice a week and you are good to go.
DIY face pack recipe for combination skin
- Carrots: 2
- Manuka honey: half a tablespoon
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Grate them.
- Run it through a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the contents in a mixing bowl.
- Then add honey in it and stir it well until you achieve a smooth, lump-free face pack.
- There is no need to clean your face again since you have already steamed.
- Apply a thick layer of this face pack all over your face and neck with your fingertips or your face pack applicator.
- Let it dry out completely on its own.
- Splash some running tap water on your face to wash it off.
- Then follow up with a regular facial toner and a moisturizer to complete this skincare regime.
- It is a great face pack to try on if you have combination skin, to reap the maximum benefits from this face use it twice a week.
DIY face pack recipe for normal skin
- Manuka honey: 1 tablespoon
- Organic aloe vera gel: 2 tablespoons
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Fill it up with the ingredients mentioned above.
- Mix it well and your face pack is ready.
- After steaming your face, apply this face pack all over your face and neck.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
- Pat dry your face with a clean towel.
- Follow up with a regular moisturizer.
- If your skin has started crinkling and is in instant need of hydration then use this face pack at least twice a week to experience a visible change.