How to curl your hair without using curling iron
Real female beauty is defined when a girl has what she wants and when it comes to her looks, nothing can be compromised. The most complicated part for a woman is her hair which needs to be perfect all the time but when hair is being experimented then one should be conscious about the damages they can go through. Many girls around the world dream to have windy curly hair but never use any equipment because of the harm associated with it. So, here are some methods that would help you have heatless curls without any curling iron or wand.
Note: all the methods may require little-wet hair as well as some spray or gel to make it last longer with texture.
- Braid for curling hair
This can be said the simplest of all and the most comfortable at the same time. Using a braid for curling your hair may not give you those hairsprings but it can definitely result in those messy curls. So, let’s have a look at how to achieve it.
- All you have to do is take small strands or big strands, as per the kind of volume you want, and make a brand or two from semi-wet hair.
- Simply unbraid your hair and see the messy curly hair it gives you.
- This thing can work with any kind of braid going from French braid to simple fishtail braid.
- Curl with a simple twist
Talking about the comfortability while having new hairstyles, one should go with the easiest and simple ways.
Now consider this twisting method, all you need to have is a little wet hair and some bobby pins.
- Part your hair from the middle, take a strand from the front of your head and keep on twisting it till the very end while all the part of hair from one side.
- Do the same on the other side and sleep overnight.
- In the morning, untie your hair, use your fingers to separate the strands and enjoy the wavy texture of your hair.
- Headband method
If you do not find yourself satisfied with the methods mentioned above, then here is another. Using your headband may give you wavy curls of your desire but it is so easy to grab the game.
All you need to have is little-wet hair, of course, a headband and some bobby pins.
- Tie the headband on the head, grab small sections of your hair and simply twist it over the headband.
- Take the strand up to the headband, grab the section with your finger, pull it down through the headband and tie the hair using a bobby pin.
- Do this thing to all the sections of your hair and go to sleep.
- Untie hair and take off the headband and see the magic it will create.
- Curl your hair using straw
As we are using some equipment to make it easy to have curly hair, here is another that will give you the springs out of your hair.
- Take a strand of your wet hair, wrap it around a straw using a bobby pin and tie it at the end with an elastic band.
- Do this to all the sections of your hair.
- You cannot properly sleep with this as it can get a little disturbing but you have to get the beautiful hair anyhow.
- So, after few hours, simply unwrap your hair and take off all the straws. F
- finally, all you are left with is properly curled hair with the right volume you need.
- Using hair donut
Curling up the hair using a hair donut might seem a little complicated but is actually as easy as the others.
- All you need to do is make a ponytail at the top of your head and tie it as tightly and comfortable as possible.
- After that, take the entire ponytail out of that donut, take a small strand of hair and wrap it around the donut using your finger (as it was done in the headband method).
- Do this to the entire section of the ponytail and go to sleep.
- In the morning, untie your hair and separate your curls using fingers. See and enjoy the beautiful and wavy side of your hair.
- Curls using hair clips
Apart from all the methods to have curls, here is another with some different and little complicated ways.
You just require a lot of hair clips or bobby pins.
- Just take a strand of wet hair, roll it up on your two fingers and tie it together using a bobby pin or, simply, a hair clip.
- Let it dry for some hours and have beautiful hair with nice volume.
What are the health risks associated with it?
Styling your hair with heat products may lead to various problems as said by a hairstylist from a daily makeover, “heat rapidly dries out hair… hot tools also make your hair look crispy and creates split ends if overused.” You might think that heatless curls may recover all the damage to your hair that is caused by hot tools but actually, they do not.
- Almost every method of styling, without using iron or wand, requires wet or semi-wet hair but one should be aware that it’s the most fragile stage of hair. Wet hair forms the most crucial stage for hair to be damaged which may cause some major hair issues.
- Also, one has to be careful while using certain products so that it would not increase the amount of damage to hair. Especially, accessories with rust or any rough surface may lead interrupt the smoothness of hair and result in various cracks.
- Regular usage of such methods may put a lot of stress on your hair as it requires to be tied tightly and for a longer time to have the best results. Such stress with a tight ponytail or tight headband can cause a headache or a receding hairline.
What are the precautions?
As there are various major health risks associated with even heatless methods of styling your hair, it’s not that one cannot avoid it. There are various precautions that should be taken while using those methods.
- Avoid using old accessories such as bobby pins, rough rubber bands or anything that can damage your hair. Using new or perfectly polished products can prevent a lot of damage as it becomes easy to use them.
- There are various protective products available in the market that are there to prevent damage while styling. Use some protective serum or hair cream to protect your hair.
- The most important precaution to be followed is to avoid regular or uniform usage or such methods as it can turn out into various minor hair issues.
Myths and facts
Even if heatless styling is preferred over hot tools, there are various beliefs and myths associated with it. Out of all those fantasies, there are facts that may stun you.
- People say that brushing hair too much can bring back the straightness of your hair. Brushing too much while having a fresh curl may not bring back the straight hair but it can actually make curly hair fizzier. So, to remove tangles, simply use fingers to comb your hair.
- It is said that to dream about curls, one should have long hair. It is not true as to have wavy or curly hair, the length does not matter. People with any hair length can have curls which will definitely look beautiful.
- Having curly hair does not require any condition. It is termed as an optional thing. Rather applying conditioner before curling may prevent the porous structure or even prevent dryness that can be found after curling.
Pros and cons
When one goes for heatless curls, there are various advantages and disadvantages associated with them which can highly affect your hair. So, here are some of the pros and cons.
- Heatless Curls are preferred over heat styling because of the belief that using hot tools can be the harshest way of damaging hair. Styling without curling iron can simply prevent damage to very high content as it does not involve heat which can probably lead to dry and rough hair.
- Unlike the usage of hot tools, one can simply spend few minutes and rest or sleep with that hair to have beautiful wavy hair. Heatless Curls may require a lot of time but most of that period is associated with the drying out of hair but you do not have to spend long hours using your hands and hot rod to have the best result.
- The ways can be termed as economic friendly as all you need is basic or no equipment. Mostly you need some bobby pins, rubber bands or headbands which are way cheaper than having a curling iron.
- The first and most significant disadvantage of going for curls without curling iron is that they do not protect your hair from all the damages. Continuous usage of such methods may lead to various health issues related to hair and, also, it does not repair the previous damages.
- As it requires long hours to wait for the best results, this may turn out to be a little frustrating as one has to wait with tight hair. Various accessories may disturb the scalp or face because they are used in tighter ways for hours.
Is it safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women?
Pregnancy can be termed as a very crucial stage of life as at that point you need to be very careful about each and everything. Apart from it, breastfeeding leads to the transfer of nutrients and minerals from mother to baby. As it is a sensitive time, hair is also as sensitive as the other parts of a pregnant woman. One has to be very careful while styling during their pregnancy, especially when it comes to changing the texture of your hair. Heatless curl may be the best way for any pregnant and breastfeeding woman, rather than heat items to be used. But one needs to be very careful while styling hair because of the disadvantages attached to it. At the same time, to have some changes in hairstyle, heatless methods are the best ones to be followed.
Is it safe for children?
Styling the hair of any kid is a very difficult job. To avoid such efforts, curling hair with home remedies are the best thing for kids. Kids may find it irritating when their hair is tied for a longer time but, at the same time, it is good for them as it would not for many tangles from frizzy hair. Also, when styling uses no harmful products, it is safe for children but only to a short extent.
Tips for healthy hair
While using various ways to style your hair, you need to have as healthy hair as possible. So, here are some tips to keep your hair healthy.
- A properly balanced diet is required to keep your hair healthy and fit.
- Proper periodic conditioning and oiling are necessary to keep your hair moisturised, especially for dry hair. This could avoid pours formation and problems related to the scalp.
- Try to keep your hair a little loose while sleeping as it can prevent various issues related to hair.
- Drink a lot of water to provide all the nutrients from water which can also keep split ends away and provide a smooth texture to your hair.
Frequently asked questions
- What should be done to keep the curls for a longer time?
First of all, you need to be very patient while using such methods. Before curling, have a little wet and conditioned hair, wait for hair to dry properly and after curling, use good quality hairspray. Following proper steps may give you the best and long-lasting results.
- Is it possible on short hair?
Such methods are not only meant for long hair but for any length of hair. For short hair, it might seem difficult, rather it’s the simplest as it will require a lesser time to have the best curls.
- Comb or brush can be used to remove tangles or not?
Try not to use any brush or comb as it can only decrease the volume of curls and make them look fizzier. One can rather use their fingers to remove tangles as it will keep the quality of curls.