Acne is caused due to variety of factors such as environmental pollution, accumulation of dirt, clogging of pores or hormonal imbalance. There can be multiple forms of acne such as blackheads, whiteheads and even pimples. You can manage these acne issues using the following home remedies:
Fuller’s earth and Neem face pack
Fuller’s earth is clay which helps to pull out the dirt from the pores and deep clean the skin. It also helps to tighten the pores, while neem powder helps to fight the acne-causing bacteria.
- 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth.
- 1 tablespoon of neem powder
- 5 tablespoons of water
- Mix the fuller’s earth powder with the neem powder and then add water to obtain a thick paste.
- Apply this paste onto your clean face.
- Let the mask dry out completely. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy once a day to see significant results.
Lemon juice and gram flour mask
Lemon juice acts as a powerful astringent and helps to absorb excess sebum and dirt from the pores. Gram flour acts as a mild exfoliating agent.
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Simply combine all the ingredients together to obtain a smooth paste.
- You may add more water if the paste is too thick.
- Clean your face and apply the mask onto the face.
- Let it dry. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Rinse off using plain water and follow up with a moisturizer.
- Repeat this remedy once a day.
Aloe Vera and tea tree oil treatment
Aloe Vera contains a safe amount of sulphur and even salicylic acid. These compounds help to fight acne and gently exfoliate the skin. Aloe vera gel also has a cooling sensation on the skin and helps to reduce inflammation. Tea tree oil is a powerful source of antioxidants and helps to kill the bacteria which may be causing acne.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 3-4 drops of tea tree essential oil
- Add the tea tree oil to the aloe vera gel.
- Clean your face with a mild cleanser and make sure it is completely dry.
- Apply the aloe vera gel onto the skin and massage it.
- Massage it for at least 2-3 minutes and allow it to get absorbed into the skin completely.
- You need not wash the aloe vera gel.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day.
Apple cider vinegar and gram flour mask
Apple cider vinegar helps to fight bacteria and contains organic acids which help to reduce inflammation. The lactic acid present in apple cider vinegar helps to reduce the chances of acne scarring.
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/ 2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of gram flour
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of curd
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with the water in order to dilute it.
- Now add 3-4 tablespoons of this mixture to the gram flour.
- Add a pinch of turmeric along with curd.
- Mix well to obtain a smooth paste.
- Apply this onto clean skin and let the mask dry.
- Wash the mask using plain water.
- Repeat this remedy two times a day.
Cinnamon and honey mask
Cinnamon and honey are packed with antioxidants and have anti-bacterial benefits as well. This mask is especially beneficial during an active breakout.
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of yoghurt
- Mix all the ingredients together to obtain a smooth paste.
- Make sure the cinnamon is well combined with the honey.
- Apply this mask on your clean face, focusing on the areas more prone to having acne break out.
- Let the mask work for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask gently using a wet tissue or wet cloth.
- Use this remedy once a day to see significant results.