Grandma’s Secret For Long and Strong Hair
If you had your grandma massaging oil every week and braiding your hair, then your childhood was precious!
Thanks to our grandmas, we’ve inculcated the habit of daily hair oil massages to keep chemical damage at bay.
Whether it’s hair or skin, Grandma’s secret has been a savior for all of us in our growing years.
So, let’s have a look at a few good old formulas that still work for healthy and glossy tresses.
- 1 fresh amla
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- The first step is to grate the amla and extract the juice.
- Use a fine strainer or use a piece of fabric instead and squees the juice with the help of your hands.
- Next, combine the 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with the extracted amla juice and mix both the ingredients with a fork to blend well.
And your amla oil is ready for you.
- Slightly warm the oil concoction in the microwave until the coconut oil is completely melted.
- Massage your scalp and hair with this incredible oil and leave for 1-2 hours, then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
In Ayurvedic medicine, Indian gooseberry is said to have astringent properties beneficial to the scalp.
It is a good source of Vitamin c and naturally occurring antioxidants identified as flavonoids and polyphenols.
If used for hair care, amla hair oil helps to reinforce and maintain good hair follicles’ health.
experts say amla oil can promote healthy hair growth, minimize dandruff, and prevent premature graying of the hair, and other common hair problems can be solved with the application of amla oil regularly.
Brush Your Hair Every Night
- A hairbrush
While it’s a well-known fact that daily brushing can boost the appearance of hair by stimulating the natural oils of the scalp.
Brushing is said to release sebum and remove dead skin cells, which are reported to make your hair look healthier and grow faster.
Every night, before you hit the bed, grab a boar brush, and brush your hair.
This will not only help you untangle your tresses but will also evenly distribute the natural oils of your hair from root to tip.
A gentle, all-over brushing that disperses the oils of your hair throughout your strands is all you need.
This is the conditioner of existence! It also stimulates the flow of blood and exfoliates the scalp.
Hair oil massages
- Olive Oil
- In a bowl take some olive oil as per the length of your hair.
- Warm the oil slightly in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Now massage this oil into your scalp in small circulation motions.
- For best results cover your head with a warm towel to give steam to your hair.
- Alternatively, you can wear a shower cap too.
- For how long you want to keep the oil is completely up to you.
- You can keep it for an hour to overnight.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and repeat the treatment twice a week.
Hair starts to lose moisture due to exposure to sunlight, dry hair can lead to extensive hair loss. One of the most powerful ways to avoid this is by applying oil to your hair. One of the key daily oiling advantages of hair is that different oils have minerals and vitamins that are important to healthy hair. Hair oil massage once a week is extremely important to your hair’s health. This is because the advantages of hair oil massage include exfoliating the scalp, washing the dead skin, and nourishing and revitalizing the fine hair. All of this helps prevent the hair from falling.
Also, applying hair oil rejuvenates lost minerals and vitamins to your hair and scalp, which also strengthens roots.
Olive oil encourages moisturized and healthy skin, prevents bacterial infections, and increases blood circulation in your skin.
The better blood circulation of the scalp makes your hair follicles stronger, helping to produce hair strands that are softer, healthier, and thicker.