Wonder potion honey is known for its many beauty benefits.
This healthier sweetener has been used for many years to treat a variety of diseases.
As A Moisturiser
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons glycerin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (diluted)
- 2 teaspoons green tea
- In a bowl mix, all the ingredients in the given quantity.
- Massage the mixture gently on your skin for a few minutes.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off the next day.
Glycerin and honey are moisturizers that keep your skin moisturized and nourished.
Lemon brightens your skin while green tea soothes the skin and maintains the infection away.
Note: Lemon juice might not suit everyone, so make sure you do a patch test.
You can skip adding lemon juice if you want to.
As An Exfoliator
- 1 tablespoon of milk powder (or ½ teaspoon raw milk)
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon raw honey
- Take a bowl and combine all the ingredients in the given quantity until you get a smooth scrub.
- Firstly, wash your face with some lukewarm water and a mild cleanser, and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply this scrub onto your cleansed face and neck.
- Make sure to avoid the sensitive skin around your eyes area.
- Leave the mixture on for about 12-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, wet your fingers in raw milk and gently rub the dry mask to exfoliate your skin.
- Rinse your face with cool water.
- Pat your face dry with a towel.
- And lastly, apply a face moisturizer.
Ditch those harsh chemical exfoliators that do more damage to your skin than good, and switch to all-natural scrub that is gentle on your skin.
Milk is made up of lactic acid.
The topical application of lactic acid has a gentle exfoliating and cleansing effect on the skin and enhances the texture of the skin.
Apple vinegar is commonly used for its skin-soothing effects.
It is said to alter the pH of the skin that helps kill bacteria.
For Acne Treatment
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine both the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to the active acne lesions (as a spot treatment).
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off.
Cinnamon has an anti-inflammatory effect.
The efficacy of cinnamon gel in mild to moderate acne was tested in a study involving 20 patients.
The cinnamon gel has been found to help minimize acne lesions.
Cinnamon can help clear acne together with honey.
Precaution: Cinnamon might cause minor skin irritation for some people, which is common.
However, ensure you do a patch test before using it on your skin.
As A Bath Soak
A luxury honey and milk bath not only helps you relax after a long day but also makes your skin smooth and soft.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of raw honey and one cup of raw milk in a mug of warm water.
- When the honey has dissolved completely, mix this solution into your bathwater, and enjoy a soothing and rejuvenating shower experience.