Many types of fairness creams are available in market these day and all of them promise to give best results but doctors do not agree here. As told by doctors most creams sold in the market are a dangerous cocktail of compounds like steroids, hydroquinone, and mercury. Many long term users of fairness creams report with a difficult-to-treat condition called refractory pigmentation and the long term use of these fairness products can lead to lethal health concerns likes permanent pigmentation, skin cancer, liver damage, mercury poisoning and others.
There are plenty of cases of side effects especially among women in the age group of 20-30. Incidence of side effects among 14-15 year-olds is worrying too. About 30 per cent of long term users report adverse effects said Dr Nitin Walia, consultant dermatology, Max Healthcare.
The best way for skin lightening is to opt for natural methods. Also, try out these simple yet effective home remedies:
Almond skin lightening cream for normal to dry skin
- Manuka honey: 1 teaspoon
- Almonds (soaked overnight): 4 pieces
- Aloe vera pulp: 3-4 tbsp
- Milk cream: 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder: half a teaspoon
- Airtight container: 1
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend it into a fine paste.
- Strain it out to get a smoother texture.
- Pour everything in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser.
- Apply toner with the help of a cotton ball.
- Apply this cream.
- Make tiny dots all over your face.
- Massage it in, make sure it gets absorbed completely.
- Refrigerate after every use so that it can last you until a week.
Apply this cream twice in a day to get the best results.
Cucumber skin lightening cream for combination to oily skin type:
- Potato juice: 1 teaspoon
- Tea tree essential oil: 2 drops
- Lavender essential oil: 2 drops
- Cucumber juice: 1 teaspoon
- Aloe vera gel: 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E capsule: 1
- Vitamin A capsule: 1
- Add all the ingredients in a container.
- Keep stirring until it forms a creamy white texture.
- Wash your face with a mild facial cleanser.
- Apply a toner.
- Finally, apply this fairness cream.
- Massage your face in circular strokes until this cream gets absorbed completely.
- Apply this face cream twice every day to get a visibly fairer skin tone.
Sandalwood skin lightening cream for acne prone sensitive skin
- Red sandalwood powder: 1 teaspoon
- Steam distilled rose water: 2 tablespoons
- Rosegold essential oil: 2 drops
- Aloe vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Sweet almond oil: 1 teaspoon
- Airtight container: 1
- Mix rose water and sandalwood in a container and let it dry out on its own.
- This step ensures that rose water gets infused into sandalwood powder.
- Next up, add all the ingredients in the container and mix it well.
- Transfer the contents in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Wipe your face with micellar water and then apply a generous layer of this fairness cream.
- Massage it in circular strokes so that it gets absorbed into your skin.
- Apply this face cream every night before going to bed to get a clear white complexion in a week’s time.