This may be a big turn-off watching someone scratch their head intensely.
Even though dandruff is not infectious and simply happen due to scalp dryness, no one really wants to get close to someone who still has one hand in their hair.
It is unhygienic, and if you constantly do it you can scratch your skin on the scalp which can lead to a painful wound.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- In a bowl take 4 tablespoons of ACV, to this add 4 tablespoons of water, now add a few drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix it nicely and apply this solution only on your scalp and massage the solution into your scalp gently.
- Leave the treatment on your scalp for 1 hour, and then wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- Try to follow this natural treatment 2-3 times a week to see the positive results.
Apple cider vinegar has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, which makes it quite effective in killing and preventing dandruff-causing scalp yeast.
Apple cider vinegar, however, slices through all the roots, thanks to the fact that it is full of AHA and malic acid, a gentle, natural exfoliator.
ACV works well than clearing the shampoo, simply because it doesn’t strip off the hair and leave it feeling very fresh and clean.
Tea tree oil is known for its antifungal properties, which means that it can help to treat dandruff.
It’s also a powerful cleanser, so regular use can keep your scalp clean from grime and dead skin cells, keeping hair follicles free from build-up and dandruff.
Tea tree oil can also help regulate the excess oil output of sebaceous glands, keeping the scalp moisturized and free from dandruff.
- Multani Mitti/ Fuller’s earth
- Lemon Juice
- Take 2 tablespoons of Multani mitti in a bowl to this add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and enough water to make a thin and smooth mask.
- Apply this hair mask evenly to your scalp you don’t need to apply this on your hair strands.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, make sure you do not let the mask dry completely then it will be difficult to remove the mask and this can lead to hair breakage too.
- Once it is in semi-dry state wash it off with water and a mild anti-dandruff shampoo.
We all know the advantages of fuller earth to achieve great skin, but did you know that you could also use it to avoid dandruff?
Multani mitti helps to absorb excess oil, grease, and dirt from the scalp, these are major reasons to trigger dandruff.
It also increases the supply of blood to the scalp, keeping it clean and free of dandruff.
Multani Mitti acts as a cleanser, exfoliating and nourishing the scalp.
This daily mud-like product really imbibed all the goodness of Mother Earth, so it allows your skin to look healthier and younger!
Lemon has been known to be an effective treatment for dandruff.
The citric acid found in the lemon helps battle dandruff at the root level.
Alternatively, the potent antimicrobial properties of the lemon also reduce the fungal infection on your scalp.