Metabolism can be termed as the primary function that makes our body alive and healthy.
The higher the metabolism rate in your body, the more calories will be burnt that aids in weight loss.
In this article, we are going to see some easy tips to boost metabolism and lose bodyweight.
Tip #1. Eat more protein-rich foods
- Eating more foods could literally increase the metabolism rate in your body.
- But when it comes to weight loss and metabolism, protein-rich foods can be preferred for maximum benefits.
- Consuming more proteins can make you feel full for a longer duration.
- This will in turn prevent you from overeating issues and help in weight loss.
- Some of the protein-rich foods that can be preferred are egg white, Greek yogurt, nuts, beans and fish.
Tip #2. Drink plenty of water
- People who drink plenty of water is observed to have high metabolic rate and gain weight loss benefits.
- At the same time, avoid drinking sugary drinks as it will make you gain more weight.
- Drinking more water helps in burning more calories and aid in weight loss with a high metabolism.
- This will also help you feel full for a longer duration and make you consume less food.
- It is always advised to drink more water after waking up in the morning and after finishing your breakfast.
Tip #3. Prefer high-intensity workouts
- High-intensity workouts involve those exercises which are quick and more intense activities.
- This will help in burning more calories and the excess fat present in your body than the regular days.
- This can boost your metabolic rate on the whole and offer health benefits.
- Some of the high-intensity workouts that can be followed are Burpees, squats, jumping jacks, high knees and raised arm circles.
- You can do each exercise for at least 20 seconds every day regularly to lose more weight and increase the metabolic rate.
Tip #4. Avoid sitting too much
- Sitting in the same place for a longer duration can make your body gain more weight.
- It is always advised not to sit for more than 2 hours as it is highly harmful to your health too.
- Prefer going for a small walk or climb up the stairs and come down to offer some short breaks for your body.
- Sitting for a prolonged duration will only burn only a few calories present in your body and it will make you gain more weight.
- As soon as you finish lunch or dinner, prefer to stand for some time or go for a walk rather than sitting on a chair.
Tip #5. Consume more spicy foods
- Many of the recent studies have found that spicy foods could help in weight management.
- Including more peppers, chillies and capsicum in your daily diet can have a huge impact on your body weight.
- These spicy ingredients can make your body burn more calories after having your meal.
- They also have the ability to boost the metabolism in your body and offers various other health benefits.
- Certain properties present in the capsicum can reduce the fat tissues present in your food.
- It also reduces your cravings and helps in the consumption of less food.
Tip #6. Get a sound sleep every day
- Improper sleep can really have a huge impact on the overall health of your body.
- Lack of sleep and oversleeping can have various harmful effects on any individual.
- So, it is always important to note that we have a proper sound sleep every day for 7 to 8 hours.
- Improper sleep will results in obesity, increase in your body insulin resistance and sugar levels.
- This will directly decrease the metabolic rate in your body and will further make you gain more weight.
- It also increases your hunger leading to the consumption of more foods.
Tip #7. Prefer Coffee and green tea
- Drinking coffee or green tea over other drinks has more beneficial qualities.
- The caffeine present in the coffee will help in stimulating the brown fat in your body.
- This brown fat will burn more calories in your body and results in a high metabolic rate with weight loss benefits.
- You can also prefer green tea or Oolong tea which has the ability to convert all the fat into free fatty acids.
- This will in turn increase the number of fats burnt in your body leading to an increased metabolic rate.
- These metabolic rates will have a direct impact on your body weight leading to weight loss.
Tip #8. Use more coconut oil in your cooking
- Coconut oil is very high in medium-chain fats when compared to other natural oils.
- These medium-chain fats have a greater capacity to increase your body’s metabolism rate.
- And coconut oil helps in boosting the fat burning mechanism in your body.
- This will result in reduced appetite and you start consuming very little food automatically.
- So, try including more amount of coconut oil by replacing all the cooking fats with this.
Tip #9. Eat more fat-releasing foods.
- Rather than just cutting down your calories, it is better to opt for fat-releasing foods to gain more health benefits.
- These fat-releasing foods have the ability to trigger a hormonal response.
- This response will in turn inhibit the fat cells production in your body and promotes the breakdown of fats.
- Thus your body weight will get reduced with a high metabolic rate.
- Some of the fat-releasing foods that can be preferred are Greek yogurt, egg, fatty fish, Coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and green tea.
Tip #10. Consume more green veggies and fresh fruits.
- Including more green veggies and fresh fruits is highly beneficial for your health and body.
- Eating these fruits and veggies as whole foods can fill your stomach and prevent you from hunger.
- So, you tend to consume very little food when compared to the other days.
- Also, since water content will be present in these fresh fruits, the metabolism rate in your body will also get increased.
- You can prefer consuming apples, oranges, melons as whole foods to stay away from weight gain.