- Rub some olive, coconut or almond oil mildly onto your hands, legs and rest of the body prior to bathing.
- A warm oil massage works even better.
- This will enable your skin to retain moisture after bath and make your skin soft and smooth.
- Try to use it at night so that your skin does not feel dry.
- Do it every night and you will wake up to fresh, plump, soft and smooth skin.
- Coconut oil works as a natural moisturizer and helps in treating dry, scaly skin – making it soft and smooth.
- This oil is an easily available dry skin home remedy.
- It contains ample amounts of fatty acid that can compensate for any loss of moisture from the skin.
- It works its full magic when left on the skin overnight.
- If you have oily skin, then mix it with a little bit of aloe vera gel so that your skin pores do not get clogged.
- Castor oil is bestowed with natural therapeutic powers of ricinoleic acid and vitamin E that can protect your skin against soap, warm water, and the winter dryness.
- This acts as a natural astringent to take away all impurities from your skin.
- It easily seeps into the skin and nourishes it.
- Dab it onto the extremely dry areas over your face to hydrate, avoiding eyes.
- Use it every night before going to bed and you are good to go.
- Hydrate your skin with glycerin, as it helps your skin to absorb and retain moisture.
- You can easily buy it from your neighborhood drug store.
- An ancient time effective home remedy for dry skin is to mix glycerin, lemon juice and rose water in equal proportions, and apply it onto your face overnight.
- You can store this mixture in a bottle in your refrigerator.
- Apply it regularly every day to get the best results.
- This natural ingredient has been used to pamper dry skin, since ages.
- You can also combine it with glycerin in equal proportions, and apply over your dry skin to slough away the flaking skin and make your skin soft and smooth.
- It is the best home remedy for all types of skin conditions that erupt because of dry skin.
- Use it every day to get the best results.
- If you have oily skin then refrain from using this home remedy, as it will clog your skin pores.
Olive Oil and Egg Yolk Face Mask
- The properties of olive oil and egg yolk make them an effective combination to remedy dry skin conditions.
- Olive oil has been used as a key natural ingredient to treat dry flaky skin.
- It is a well-known natural antioxidant full of vitamin E and K that become potent to treat dry skin when combined with one or two egg yolks and whipped together to form a face mask of uniform consistency.
- The egg yolk contains vitamin A that makes your skin soft and smooth by curing flaky skin.
- Apply this face mask for dry skin onto your face, leave it there for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off to see the wonderful results.
- This is an excellent natural remedy to treat dry skin.
- To obtain better results, mix a few drops of lemon juice and rose water to the paste.
Avocado and Honey
- Avocado and honey when combined together form an effective natural remedy to combat dry skin conditions.
- They make a good amalgamation of sterolin and humectants to formulate an effective face mask for dry skin.
- Simply mix mashed avocado and honey in equal proportions and blend them into a consistent paste.
- Apply it for 15 minutes, and then rinse it off.
Banana and Yogurt Face Mask
- Bananas can also be used as a dry skin home remedy.
- Simply mash one banana and apply it like a face mask, leaving it for 20 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Alternatively, you can combine mashed banana with plain yogurt and use it as a face pack for dry skin.
- This natural banana and yogurt face mask for dry skin not only moisturizes dry skin but also exfoliates dead skin cells.
- You can also just apply the paste on the dry patches for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
Cocoa Powder Face Pack
- Cocoa powder face is extremely beneficial for dry skin.
- Combine half a teaspoon of manuka honey and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
- Your face pack is ready.
- Cleanse your face with a regular face wash.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Apply a generous amount of this face pack evenly all over your face.
- Once it dries up completely, rinse it off with plain water.
- Wipe your face with a towel.
- Spritz on a facial mist.
- Follow up with a generous amount of moisturizer to get the best results.
Cucumber face pack
- Keep a tablespoon of castor sugar handy.
- Wash, peel and cut a cucumber in two halves.
- Dice it properly.
- Run it through a blender.
- Blend it into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the contents in a mixing bowl.
- Mix both the ingredients until you achieve a face pack with a smooth consistency.
- Wipe your face pack with micellar water at first to make sure that your face is free from dirt, dust, and grime.
- Then apply this face pack evenly all over your face pack.
- Let it dry up completely.
- Then rinse it off completely from your face.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Follow up with a toner and moisturizer to get the best results.
Peach Face Pack Recipe
- Fruit face packs are amazing when it comes to treating skin woes.
- If you have not tried any face pack yet, then go ahead and whip up a peach face pack.
- Make a smooth paste out of ripe peach and add in a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil in it, mix it well and your face pack is ready.
- Make sure that your face is squeaky clean before applying this face pack.
- Then, take a generous amount of this face packon your applicator and apply it evenly all over your face and neck.
- Wait until this face pack dries up completely and then rinse it off.
- Follow up with toner and moisturizer to get the best results.