Today we’ll show you how you can use real flowers to get beauty benefits.
Real flowers are filled with good properties that help in hair care as well as in skincare.
So our 1st treatment is a face mask
To make the mask, you’ll need:
- 3-4 marigold flowers
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp sandalwood powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- To make this face mask 1st take 3-4 marigold and remove the petals from the steam.
- Soak the petals in 1 cup of water for about half an hour.
- Pour all the ingredients in a blender along with the soaked marigold flowers in a food processor and make a paste of it.
- Now apply this face pack all over the face and neck.
- Leave it dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
For dull, saggy skin, the marigold face pack is exceptionally beneficial.
It is extremely beneficial for reducing skin rashes, pimples, blemishes and soothes dry & damaged skin.
The addition of yogurt prevents bacterial infections, whereas sandalwood powder imparts and healthy radiant glow to the skin.
Moving on to our 2nd treatment, which is a hair treatment
To make this, you’ll need:
- 1 large red onion
- A handful of hibiscus leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- Take 1 large onion and put it in a grinder.
- Using a muslin cloth or a strainer, extract the onion juice from it.
- In the same grinder, add the hibiscus leaves with 1/4th cup of water and extract the juice from it too.
- Now mix both the juices in a 1:1 ratio and apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
- When done, cover your hair with a shower cap and wait for 30-40 minutes.
- Wash it out with lukewarm water, and do not use a shampoo to wash it away.
- You should apply this hair treatment 3 times a week for best results.
Hibiscus is a perfect ingredient to be used in your hair care routine.
Hibiscus is enriched with amino acids that can repair the hair’s surface and restore the lost hair.
It regulates the production of excess oil and prevents infections, dandruff, and other scalp problems.
Onion juice can help stimulate hair growth.
The regular use of this hair treatment will help to increase hair volume and thickness.
Our next treatment is a soothing face mask
To make this, you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup of mashed rose petals
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of sandalwood powder
- 4 Tbsp of rosewater
- 1 tsp of turmeric (optional)
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients in the given measurement.
- Make a soothing face mask.
- Apply an even layer of the face mask to the face and neck using your fingers.
- Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water.
- For additional benefits, replace the honey with turmeric, as it is said to remove dead skin cells, reduce discoloration, and brighten the skin.
It is an effective treatment to treat acne and breakouts due to the antibacterial properties present in rose petals.
Rose petals can also help soothe irritated skin and decrease redness.