For beauty rituals, rice water has been used.
The properties have long been known for beautifying the skin and hair, and even today this ingredient is used in natural products such as skin and hair cleansers, toners, rinses, and serums.
Rice water is said to help even skin tone, add hair shine, reduce inflammation, moisturize skin and hair while preserving the correct pH balance, and much more.
Here are rice water beauty hacks that will in no time get you radiant skin and shiny hair.
To Make Rice Water
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups of water
- Rinse the rice under fresh water to avoid any dirt or impurities that can stick to it.
- Next, put the rinsed rice in a bowl, and cover it with a few cups of water.
- Swirl around the rice a bit, then let it soak for 15-30 minutes.
- Strain the rice from the water of the water, and set aside.
- Pour the water from the rice into an airtight storage container.
- It’ll keep you in your refrigerator for a week.
- Many people think fermented rice water has far more beneficial effects than unfermented water.
- Just leave your final rice water on your counter for 24-48 hours, if you want to try it for yourself.
- If it starts smelling slightly acidic, bottle it up, and put it in your fridge.
Fermented rice water can be used in the same manner as regular rice water can.
- In a bowl take equal quantities of rice water and raw milk.
- Mix both the ingredients well and use a cotton pad to apply this cleanser to your face.
- Let it air dry and then wash your face with normal water.
- Using every day as part of your skincare routine, or give your skin a boost of vitamins and minerals a few times a week.
Rice water provides a variety of vitamins and minerals that are to your skin like superfoods.
Even due to the inclusion of ferulic acid it is a powerful antioxidant.
The magic water can be used as a facial cleanser or toner to reduce pores and relax the skin.
Raw milk can be used as a cleanser for the face and body.
It has lactic acid, protein, and vitamins A, D, E, and K.
That makes milk a mild hydrating and exfoliating agent. Cold raw milk is an especially good toner for dry skin
- 1/2 cup rice water
- 1/4th teaspoon wild turmeric
- In a spray bottle add the rice water using a funnel.
- Now add the turmeric powder and shake it well.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- You can use it every time you wash your face.
- This toner might give you a yellow tint but that will face as you process with your skincare routine.
- If you want you can use it at night time.
Rice contains several nutrients and antioxidants, such as vitamins B1, C, and E, ferulic acid, allantoin all of which are very essential for healthy skin and radiant hair.
Rice water brightens the skin, tightens the enlarged pores and fades marks of acne, aging spots, uneven sun, and other imperfections in the skin.
This lightens and evens your complexion and gives your skin a “milky” glow.
The anti-inflammatory properties will affect your pores and soothe your skin.
Turmeric is also known for reducing scarring. A mix of uses can help clean your face off from acne breakouts.
- Black Tea
- Rice Water
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take a saucepan and add 2 tablespoons of black tea in 1 cup of water.
- Stir it well and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Next strain the black tea and in a bowl using a fine strainer and add 1 cup rice water with 4 tablespoons of ACV.
- Mix everything well.
- To use 1st wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Then pour this hair rinse on your clean scalp and massage very gently for 5-7 minutes and let it stay on your scalp for another 5-10 minutes, and then just wash with plain water.
- You can follow your post hair care routine as usual.
- For good and balanced hair, do rice water rinse once or twice a week as a final rinse.
Rinsing your hair with rice water will add some shine to your hair and help keep it clean and strong!
Apple cider vinegar is used as a hair rinse.
Through reducing hair and scalp pH, it may help improve hair and enhance luster.
This can also prevent nasty scalp infections and itchiness at bay.
Apple cider vinegar balances hair and scalp pH.
By reducing the scalp’s pH, ACV flattens the hair cuticle and removes it.
This makes the hair cleaner, shinier, less frizzy, less prone to breakage, and more moisturizing.
Black tea works well for those trying to combat hair loss.
The natural properties of black teas help block the hormone DHT which is responsible for losing hair.
And, as it acts to keep hair securely fixed to the roots, black tea will also nourish your fragile strands and strengthen them.
The use of rice water has many benefits for hair, which helps remove dandruff, improve the roots, stimulate their growth, give strength, and improve their appearance significantly.
Rice water has a rich composition of vitamins, particularly B and C.