Beauty benefits of ginger
We all know the health benefits of Ginger, but only a few know the beauty benefits of ginger. It’s surprising but true. Top beauty benefits of ginger are listed below
Rub ginger to get radiant skin
I know you never heard about this but I’ll strongly recommend you to try this. Apply slices of ginger root to your face, it will give you a refreshing glow.
Ginger for acne
Ginger has great antiseptic properties, it can fight with spots and imperfections. It will also minimize the rate of spot and acne formation by actively killing bacteria on the skin’s surface and deep inside the pores.
Ginger for skin toning
Add some grated ginger to your face mask, it’ll help to moisturize and soften the skin, leaving it supple and glowing.
Ginger is good for hair too
Ginger roots can make your hair roots stronger
Apply ginger on the hair scalp, it increases blood circulation that stimulates hair growth. It also makes hair silky and shiny
Ginger contains natural antiseptic properties which help to fight dandruff issues.
Ginger as anti-aging
It comes with anti-oxidants which reduce toxins from the skin and increase blood circulation, ultimately slowing down the aging process.
Apart from all the beauty benefits of ginger mentioned above, it is also useful for all purposes listed down below:
- Instant relief from sunburn: After a tiring day at work, if you suffer from a sunburn then just rub some ginger juice on top of the affected areas preferably at night. You may go through a slightly tingling sensation, but there is nothing to worry about it.
- Treat hyperpigmentation at home with ginger: You may not be familiar with this idea but if you just rub some ginger juice once in a week before bedtime, then you can notice a visible change in the appearance of hyperpigmentation. However, the results may vary from person to person.
- Are you upset about the fact that you got split ends and your hairdresser asked you to get your locks chopped off? Worry not, ginger juice is there at your rescue. All you have to do is just add a few drops of ginger juice in your regular shampoo, this will help you get rid of the problem with regular usage.
- If you have put on a little weight and cellulite is making you self-conscious, then treat it at home in just a few steps. Take two tablespoons of freshly grated ginger and mix it with half a teaspoon of lemon juice and a quarter teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this scrub twice a week and then take a warm shower. The results may not be as effective as a professional treatment but it will definitely bring about a visible change.
- If you have ginger tea early in the morning, then it will help your body to get rid of free radicals and protect your skin tissues from external damage. Thus, helping you to retain that beautiful, youthful and radiant look.
Ginger Based Home Remedies
Time has come to learn about a few home remedies which include ginger as one of their ingredients to improve the skin, hair, etc. Basically, these home remedies will help you to elevate your looks by improving various aspects of the body. First up amongst these is:
Ginger, Olive oil, and Cocoa Butter to Treat Oily Skin
- Ginger root: about 20 gms
- Sesame oil: 5 ml
- Cocoa butter: 5 ml
- First of all, grate the ginger root and press on it using some kitchen tool to extract its juices.
- After that, combine the juice from the ginger with the other two ingredients in a mixing bowl thoroughly.
- Then, apply the resultant mixture all over your face and neck in a thin layer in the night time and rinse it off after a bit or you can also leave it on overnight.
- Lastly, after rinsing off the mask, finish by applying a moisturizer and you are done!
You should use this remedy a couple of times per week if you are fed up of the excessive oiliness of your skin. Although, this remedy does work on all skin types and will help to manage the level of oiliness on the skin.
Ginger and Honey Face Mask
- Ginger root: a fresh one
- Organic raw honey: 1 tbsp
- Water: as needed
- First of all, wash the ginger root well to clean it and then peel it and cut it into small pieces.
- After that, add the sliced ginger into the blender along with a little bit of water and blend the two together well.
- Then, strain the mixture to just obtain the juice and discard the solid stuff.
- After that, take a mixing bowl and add the obtained solution to it along with a tbsp of raw organic honey. Mix the two together thoroughly by whisking and stirring the mixture.
- Then, to apply it, cleanse your face first and then apply the obtained ginger mask all over your face in a thin layer.
- Lastly, rinse the mask off of your face after leaving it on there for about 20 minutes. Finish with a moisturizer and you are done!
You can use this remedy once a week but avoid going over that as it could be quite strong and is certainly not ideal for people with sensitive skin.
Ginger and Lemon Body Scrub
- Grated ginger: 2 tsp
- Olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Lemon zest: from 1 lemon
- First of all, prepare the ingredients. Grate some ginger so that you can obtain 2 tsp of it. Also, get some lemon zest by grating a lemon skin and also take a little bit of lemon juice.
- After that, combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl thoroughly by stirring them.
- Lastly, while showering, utilize the scrub to massage your body and skin to get the benefits of this great body scrub.
You can use this scrub 2-3 times in a week when you shower. This scrub will help keep your body hygienic and improve the quality of your skin by preventing issues to crop up by eliminating any and all harmful agents from the skin.