Repeated use of nail paints or exposure to harsh chemicals along with a poor diet could be a reason for brittle, discoloured nails. A chemical-free option to help reduce this problem is a home remedy that can transform your nails and keep them well-maintained.
Ingredients like sea salt help soften and strengthen cuticles while baking soda and lemon act as effective whitening agents, reducing the appearance of yellow stains.
aking soda can be used in nail care routines to strengthen and clean the nails, which can indirectly contribute to healthier nails. Here’s how you can use baking soda in your nail care regimen:
- Nail Soak:
- Create a mixture of warm water and baking soda (about 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of warm water).
- Soak your nails in the solution for 10-15 minutes.
- This can help soften the cuticles, clean the nails, and promote overall nail health.
- Nail Scrub:
- Make a paste using baking soda and water, creating a thick yet spreadable consistency.
- Gently massage this paste onto your nails and cuticles.
- Use a soft nail brush to scrub your nails and cuticles.
- Rinse thoroughly and moisturize your nails and cuticles afterward.
- Nail Whitening:
- If your nails are stained or discolored, you can create a paste using baking soda and water.
- Apply the paste to your nails and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing.
- This may help to whiten and brighten your nails.