Your skin demands some extra care in the winter season. This cold weather pulls out all hydration from the skin, so skin feels very dull, dry and lifeless.
Today in this post, we will share 2 very simple DIYs that will help you keep your skin soft, supple and naturally glowing.
Start with step#1, which is cleansing
It is always better to do double cleansing before going to bed, so your pores are clean and they can breathe freely.
- Take a few drops of any lightweight oil, like jojoba oil or avocado oil. Rub it between your palms to heat up a little bit.
- Now massage this oil all over your face and neck for 2-3 minutes.
- After that wipe your face with a damp cotton cloth.
- To do 2nd cleansing, we normally prefer a homemade cleanser, as a foamy cleanser might make your skin drier
- In a clean bowl mix 2 spoons of fuller’s earth powder, 1 spoon of gram flour powder and 1 spoon of neem powder.
- Mix them well and your cleanser is ready. You can store this powder in an airtight container.
- Take the required amount of this powder. Add some milk in that until you get a smooth runny paste.
- Apply this paste all over your face and neck. Leave for 5 minutes and then rinse your face with plain water.
Now coming to step#2, which is for deep hydration
Once your pores are clean and dirt-free, the next important thing that your skin needs is deep hydration. For deep hydration, toner and serum are very important.
To make your own toner
- In a clean bowl take juice of 1 cucumber.
- In this add 3-4 spoons of aloe vera gel, mix it well and your toner is ready.
- Spray this toner all over your face, pat it lightly and you’re done.
- After toner, put a few drops of serum on the face, and pat it lightly on your skin.
- You can use niacinamide or vitamin C Serum at night time, but make sure it contains hyaluronic acid as one of the key ingredients.
- Your cleansing and hydration are done here, now apply a layer of aloe vera gel to lock hydration in your skin and you’re done.