Potato is a go to vegetable for most of us, but do you know it can so wonder on your skin too !!
Potato is rich in vitamin C, that lightens dark spots on your face, and make your skin naturally brighter. Also it has anti-oxidant properties, that prevents premature ageing. It has mild acidic properties. And hence it can gently exfoliate dead skin cells from your face.
Today in this post, I will share 4 amazing ways, where you can use potato to enhance your beauty !!
Remedy #1 – As Skin Brightening Face Pack
- Grate half a potato and mix it with 1 tbsp of gram flour and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Apply this mask to your face for 15 minutes, and then rinse your face with cold water.
Gram flour will deep cleanse your skin pores, while lemon and potato juice will make your skin glow and brighter.
Remedy #2 – Anti-Pigmentation Treatment
Potato contains catecholase, a brightening enzyme, that can lighten acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Take half a teaspoon of potato juice and mix it with a quarter teaspoon of tomato juice and half a teaspoon of honey.
- Apply this ointment to the affected areas for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Do this treatment, at least once a week to see results
Remedy #3 – As Gentle Face Scrub
- Take half part of potato, peel and grate it.
- In this grated potato, add half tsp of raw milk, and 1 tsp of oatmeal.
- Mix it well and your natural scrub is ready. You can use it twice a week.
- Scrub your face gently with this mix for 8 to 10 minutes before washing it.
Milk contains lactic acid which will also strengthen the exfoliating effects of this face scrub while the fatty acids in it will ensure your skin stays moisturised to counter the drying effect of exfoliation.