The winter means a drastic change in our wardrobes, and of course, a change in our skincare routine. With a few basic improvements to your daily beauty regimen and a few new natural skincare products, you’ll be able to battle dry winter skin with ease.
DIY Face Wash and Makeup Remover
- 1/4 cup distilled or filtered water
- 1/4 TBSP Organic Castile Liquid Soap
- 2 tsp liquid carrier oil
- 1 tsp Rosewater
- 2 drops of Vitamin E
- 1/4 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
- 3 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Elemi Essential Oil
- Optional: 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Cotton Pads
- In a bowl mix, all the ingredients really well.
- Now take a glass jar in which you can place your cotton pads straight and it airtight.
- Now place the cotton pads, and on top of it, pore the prepared liquid cleanser.
- To use this face wash, just take one of the cotton pad out of the jar, wash the face and neck, and throw it away.
- Then just use water to rinse the face.
- Afterwards, apply a toner and then moisturizer.
This cleanser + makeup remover solution is great.
It helps to easily remove the makeup, and it is very moisturizing and nourishing for the skin.
To remove light eye makeup but be careful because the essential oils can be too strong for some people.
Hydrating Toner of Rose Water
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Glycerine
- 2 TPSP Rose Water
- 1 TPSP Distilled Water
- 2-3 drops of Argan Oil
- 2-3 drops of Rose Essential Oil
- Optional: 10 drops of Frankincense
- So take a spray bottle and, using a funnel add all the ingredients directly into the bottle.
- Shake well to mix the ingredients.
- You can keep this for 1 month in the refrigerator.
- It will be absolutely fine on the counter if the place you live has extreme winters.
- After washing your face, just spray this on your face.
- Then you can use a clean cotton cloth to gently remove the excess. But if you like, you can totally use an organic cotton pad!
Toners help lock the skin in moisture, calm it down, and make it happier.
Now is the best time to start using a toner because our skin is always drier as the weather cools down!
Rose Water has natural oils that help to moisturize and smooth the skin and serves as a gentle cleanser, removing dirt and debris from the pores.
Rosewater can also help keep the skin healthy when in the sun and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles while also tightening the pores.
And we can’t ignore the obvious it smells divine.
- 1 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1/2 tbsp argan oil
- 2-4 drops lavender essential oil
- Use a small funnel to pour the base oil and the premium oil into a bottle of amber glass.
- Add several drops of the essential oil.
- Close the bottle and shake well to mix the ingredients.
- Store away from sunlight in a cool, dark spot.
- Just a few drops will do the trick when applying to the face.
- After cleansing and toning, be sure to add the DIY facial serum.
- Enable the DIY facial serum to completely absorb after application for 10-15 minutes.
Facial serums are a very lightweight moisturizer formula that contains a concentrated amount of nutrients.
Usually, facial serums are a combination of high-quality oils and extracts with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and hydrating properties.
Facial serums are better applied to clean skin and can be applied both in the morning and at night, depending on your needs.
When following a natural skincare regimen, the facial serum should be applied after washing your face and after using a toner like an apple cider vinegar facial toner.
Although serums are very helpful for improving the function of the lipid barrier, they minimize dryness and add a little extra moisturizer to the post-clean face.