Your grandma was on the right track when she forced you to put oil on your hair every weekend.
Apart from so many benefits like making your hair stronger from the root, adding oils to your strands makes them silkier to touch, and also improves hair growth and bounce.
- 1 teaspoon hibiscus powder
- 1 tablespoon neem powder
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
- 1 tablespoon Brahmi powder
- 1 tablespoon tulsi powder
- 1 tablespoon Bhringraj powder
- 2 cups organic coconut oil
- If you don’t have any ingredient, you can skip adding that specific ingredient
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, mix all the dried herbs.
- Mix the powder well
- Add the coconut oil and the castor oil.
- Stir to mix and keep the flame low.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, add the curry leaves, and cover with the lid.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the flame and strain the oil with a muslin cloth after cooling down.
- If you want to make the oil very strong, you can keep the herbs inside the oil and use it as it is.
- Place the oil in a bottle and use it regularly or before washing your hair.
- A superior Ayurvedic stone Brahmi is used in Ayurveda to nourish and avoid hair loss.
- Head massaging with Brahmi oil improves the circulation of blood in the scalp and strengthens the roots of the hair.
- Brahmi is used for the treatment of rough, flaky, or dry scalp and dandruff.
- Brahmi can be used as a powder in a mask or oil, can minimize pre-ripening, hair loss, encourage hair density, shine, and treat scalp irritation.
- Coconut oil is the best oil for Pitta dosha individuals because it is cooling oil that is also rich in vitamins like E and K, lauric acid, and essential minerals.
- Coconut oil contains other important components like anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties and is rich in antioxidants.
- Coconut oil encourages hair growth (length of hair), deals with dryness, dandruff, scalp, and fungus infections, protects the hair from sun damage, and adds shine and lust.
False Daisy (Bhringraj):
- Bhringraj is another Ayurvedic herb used in many common hair oils.
- It’s a great cure for premature greying.
- Bhringraj is used to manage hair loss, encourage new hair growth, reinforce hair follicles, combat dandruff, enhance hair color and texture.
- It also enhances sleep and protects against skin allergies.
- Like Brahmi, bhringraj can also be used as hair oil, or a powdered Bhringraj can be used in a hair mask.
- This is a wonderful flower for hair protection, whether fresh or dried.
- Hibiscus contains high vitamins C and A, iron and has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial effects.
- Hibiscus infused oil can take care of your hair loss problem, dandruff, enhance hair shine, condition hair, and encourage hair growth (length and thickness).
- Notice that both flowers and leaves may be used to make a paste for a hair mask, but the flower may contain a little more nutrients.
- Hibiscus is also considered to avoid pre-ripening grey hair.
Holy Basil (Tulsi):
- Tulsi contains many vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, K, C, folate, copper, iron, calcium, and manganese.
- Tulsi is also an adaptogenic herb that contains high antioxidant properties such as flavonoids.
- It improves circulation and increases blood flow in the scalp.
- Tulsi takes care of your dry, brittle, and damaged hair.
- It battles dry, itchy scalp, pre-maturity greying, strengthens hair, and promotes hair growth.
- Curry leaves infused oil are very popular for hair growth (new hair growth) and promotes healthy, shiny, thick, and quick hair growth.
- It also prevents hair loss, making it a wonder herb for thick, lustrous hair.
- Curry leaves condition the hair, reduces infections of the scalp, prevents pre-ripening, and has an anti-bacterial effect.
- Rich in antioxidants such as vitamins A, C, E, folic acid, and minerals such as iron, curry leaves are truly nourishing to the hair.
- Neem is the perfect treatment for peanuts, dryness, and lice (anti-microbial properties).
- Neem prevents hair loss and stimulates hair growth.
- Castor oil is an age-old remedy to avoid hair loss or to help the hair grow.
- This is because castor oil has the potential to boost circulation and increase the flow of blood.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- The anti-fungal properties of castor oil are ricin and ricinoleic acid, which feeds the hair.
- Castor oil is one of the few natural oils that promote hair growth, combats spilled ends, moisturizes hair and scalp, adds luster and shine, prevents regular hair loss or breakage, thickens hair, helps it grow faster, and it also fights against dryness and dandruff.
- Castor oil is full of omega 9 essential fatty acids, vitamin E, oleic acid, enzymes, and minerals, which make them a wonderful herbal remedy.
- Using cold-pressed, unrefined, and extra virgin castor oil is best for healthy hair.