With the amount of pollution and impurities that exist in nature, people are prone to acne much quicker.
While pollution or diet-related acne is easy to tackle, things become a little tricky when hormones are the cause.
Hormonal acne can be either due to problems like PCOS, PCOD or also lifestyle choices like the inflaming food you eat or a non-active fitness routine.
In this article, we will be sharing with you, some tips which can help in preventing hormonal acne and providing you with a skin that looks spotless.
- When you suffer from hormonal acne, it is a must that you keep your body as cool as possible.
- It is due to the heat that the body creates due to hormonal changes that the acne pops up.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water help in preventing them permanently.
- It is during the night that your body recovers.
- When you sleep, your body targets on all the problematic areas and fix them.
- Making sure that you get a 6-hour sleep helps in fastening the repair process.
Choose the Right Products
- When dealing with hormonal acne, it is very important that you choose the right products.
- Using cleansers which can strip excess oil off the skin can cause irritation to the skin and in turn, cause excess oil secretion.
- Opting for a harsh exfoliator or cream can also inflame the skin which will defeat its purpose and cause excess sebum production.
- Imbalance in hormone can cause a mess up in the sebaceous gland.
- Therefore, it is important that you exfoliate your skin regularly to keep the oil and impurities away from your skin.
- Use a gentle exfoliator and exfoliate your skin thrice every week to prevent acne.
- Opting for a cleanser with salicylic acid helps in getting deep into the pores and cleansing it thoroughly.
Pop A Pill
- While this should be strictly followed after a doctor’s prescription, using a pill can be a great option.
- Using a birth control pill helps in reducing the levels of testosterone in your body which in turn reduces breakouts.
Tweak Your Diet
- What you eat also reflect on how your skin looks.
- But when you have hormonal acne, it is crucial that you concentrate on what you eat a little carefully.
- Filling your diet with food which calms the inflammation and cools the body down will work brilliantly.
- Cucumber, avocado and salmon can be some of the options when looking to treat hormonal acne.
- Retinoid help in getting rid of the dead skin cells at a slower pace which ensures that they don’t bind together to clog the pores.
- These have minimum side effects and can be a permanent resort to treat acne.
- Mild acne treatments like cleansing using an antibacterial cleanser help in fighting hormonal acne.
- Opting for Benzoyl peroxide can also be an excellent over-the-counter treatment.
- Just make sure that you prevent coming under direct sunlight after using these treatments.