One simple solution for dark spots on your face
December 10, 2021 Written by GP Team
Today in this post, we will share some super effective DIYs and OTC products, that you can use to get rid of all dark spots, uneven skin tone and pigmentation on your face.
So, let’s start with our DIY
To make our first DIY you will need
- Fresh Tomato pulp
- & Potato juice
- In a clean bowl mix 1 spoon of tomato pulp and 1 spoon of potato juice.
- Mix and your DIY is ready.
- Clean your face and then apply this mixture all over your face with the help of a clean cotton ball.
- Leave it for 20-25 minutes and then rinse your face with plain water.
The high lycopene content present in tomatoes helps in lightening these stubborn spots, and potato acts as natural bleach that helps you to get rid of uneven skin tone
For the best results, you can do this daily for a few weeks and after that use it 2-3 times a week.
Now coming to our 2nd DIY, you will need
- Sandalwood powder
- And Apple cider vinegar
- In a clean bowl take 1 spoon of sandalwood powder.
- Add 1 spoon of vinegar and 1 spoon of drinking water to this.
- Mix it well and your DIY is ready.
- Apply this paste on your dark spots, let it dry.
- Rinse your face with plain water and apply some aloe vera gel on it.
Now coming to OTC products, that can help you to lighten dark spots on your face
The first product that comes on this list is Adapalene gel
- The active ingredient in this gel is vitamin A, which slows down aging process and boost your collagen production. So over time epidermis layer get thicker and slowly all dark spots get lighter.
- For beginners, you can start with a strength of 0.1% and after a few weeks, you can start with a strength of 0.5%.
- Make sure you use this gel at night time only, and also there are some precautions that you must follow while using this gel.
- Also, make sure you don’t use any salicylic acid-based product with this gel, and also wash your face the next morning, followed by sunscreen.
2nd OTC product that you can use in the daytime is Vitamin C serum
- Vitamin C is very effective to boost collagen production, making your skin brighter and with regular use, your dark spots will get lighter.
- For best results use vitamin C serum with 10% strength or more.