Roses have been a sign of love for decades.
A bouquet of roses, along with a box of chocolate and a teddy bear, has become popular with Valentine’s Day, no matter what you think of the holiday.
Likewise, the scent of roses is mesmerizing.
Everything about this is both soothing and sensual. But the roses aren’t just beautiful.
The oil and water extracted from roses have many benefits for beauty.
Anti-Inflammatory Rose and Sandalwood Face Mask
- 1/4 cup of mashed desi rose petals
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of sandalwood powder
- 4 Tbsp of rosewater
- 1 tsp of turmeric (optional)
- Mix the crushed rose petals, sandalwood powder, rose water, and a tablespoon of the honey in a paste.
- First, add the mixture to your face and neck like a mask.
- Keep the paste on for 15 minutes and clean with the cool water.
- For additional benefits, substitute the honey with turmeric, which is said to kill dead skin cells, minimize discoloration, and brighten the skin.
Gentle Rose Petal and Oat Scrub
- 1/4 cup fresh rose petals
- 1/4 cup of organic oats
- 1 tsp of normal water
- 1 tsp of raw milk (oat, almond, or regular)
- Add fresh rose petals and organic oats to your blender and mix the duo until the texture is perfect and smooth.
- Then, put the mixture in a bowl and add water or milk (or both) until the mixture is soft enough to be applied on your skin.
- Just try to avoid a texture that is too grainy.
- Finally, gently massage this mixture onto your face and neck with circular movements and rinse.
Hair Rinse to Hydrate and Soothe
- ½ cup of fresh rose petals
- a handful of mint
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Mix 1⁄2 cup of rose petal with a bunch of mint and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- This rinse helps to extract excess oil. If you find lemon juice uncomfortable, you can substitute white vinegar for citrus fruit.
- This hair rinse helps you to get a clean scalp and helps to remove the product buildup.
And, a flaky, dry, and itchy scalp is not something that will encourage your desire to be satisfied.
In this situation, give yourself a ‘rose therapy’ to your scalp.
Not only will it increase the supply of blood to your scalp, but it will also increase the growth of your hair.
Soothing Rose Facial Cleanser
- 8 – 10 fresh rose petals
- 3 – 4 Tbsp of filtered water
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Soak 8 to 10 petals in 3 to 4 tablespoons of distilled or filtered water for 3 hours.
- Mash the petals using mortar and pestle along with the water and add 2 tablespoons of the raw honey.
- Mix and add to your face. Keep on for about 20 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
Rosewater and its petals are very useful as a natural skin toner.
Alternatively, you can soak some rose petals in water overnight.
You can strain this water into a bottle if you like, or you can let the petals stay in it as well.
All busy girls who don’t have time to prepare this solution can simply buy some good quality rose water from the market.
- Now, what you need to do is dip a soft cotton ball in this solution and gently clean your face in a circular motion.
- This makes the skin healthier, clearer, and smoother.
- Do not use any of the products you are allergic to.
- Be sure to test masks on the inside of your elbow to make sure that the ingredients do not cause discomfort or reactions.
- If you have any serious skin issues, consult your dermatologist before you try some natural skin care recipes.