Make your own salicylic acid serum to get clear spotless skin
Salicylic acid can be found in most of the skincare products which you buy in the shops.
This acid can play a vital role in diminishing the spots and marks on your face and offer you flawless skin.
In this article, we are going to share how to make your own salicylic acid serum to get clear spotless skin.
Before starting with the preparation, let us see what is salicylic acid and what are its benefits of using it on our face.
- Salicylic acid is a keratolytic agent that can easily peel the outer layer of your skin.
- It is used for a wide variety of treatments like acne, dandruff, warts and psoriasis.
- This acid will increase the moisture content present in your skin.
- This will in turn dissolve the substance that makes your skin cells stick together.
- As a result, the damaged portion in your skin cells will fall off naturally and new skin cells will be formed.
To prepare the salicylic acid serum, you will need
- 4 tbsp of any carrier oil
- 20 drops of any essential oil
- 1 tbsp of salicylic acid powder and
- 1 tsp of glycerin
- Take a clean mixing bowl and add the salicylic acid powder and glycerin into it.
- Whisk the ingredients well using a spoon until it turns to a fine paste. Consistency of this paste will be like toothpaste
- Now take a clean amber bottle and add the carrier oil of your choice.
- If you are using two carrier oils then add 2 tbsp of each oil.
- Pour 20 drops of essential oil of your choice into the carrier oil kept in the bottle. If you want you can add more than one essential oil too but the total number of drops should be 20
- Close the bottle and shake it well for a couple of times.
- Now add salicylic acid, glycerin paste into the bottle.
- Again close the bottle and gently shake it well for a couple of times and your serum is ready.
How to use this serum:
- Before applying this serum wash your face well with running water.
- Use any mild cleanser and wash rinse your face well.
- Now take a few drops of toner and apply it all over your face.
- Let the toner dry for 30 seconds.
- Take a dollop of this serum and apply it all over your face.
- Gently massage your face with this serum for 5 minutes.
- Allow the serum to dry for a couple of minutes.
- Apply this serum once per day regularly on the spots on your face.
- Apply sunscreen after this serum if you are going out in the sun.
- Store the serum in the refrigerator for future use.
- Do not use the same serum for more than 2 weeks.
The essential oils used in this serum will offer an excellent aroma to it.
The carrier oils will lock the moisture content within your skin cells and prevent dryness in your skin.
This serum can effectively slough away all the dead skin cells, clogged pores along with the other impurities from your face.
It can also reduce inflammations, irritations, redness and pain on your skin.
The salicylic acid can remove all the dark spots from your face without leaving any marks on your skin.
The essential nutrients present in this serum can nourish your skin and make it appear with a glowing effect.
Choice of oils according to your skin type
- If you have oily and acne-prone skin then you use Grapeseed oil or Jojoba oil as a carrier oil For essential oil, you can use either rosemary or tea tree oil.
- If your skin is dry and sensitive then use rosehip seed oil or Sweet almond oil. You can use sandalwood or Frankincense oil for essential oils.
- For normal skin types, you can use sunflower oil or apricot oil as carrier oils. You can use Lavender oil or geranium oil for essential oils.