The skin on your elbows and knees bends and stretches regularly during the day, which may cause the skin to look darker and drier than the rest of your body’s skin.
If you have dark elbows and knees, you can actually make scrubs and masks to lighten them, to treat dryness and dark skin.
- In a bowl mix, 1⁄3 cup olive oil, and 2/3 cup of white sugar until they’re thoroughly combined and the texture feels like sand.
- Use this to gently exfoliate your knees and elbows.
Olive oil can be used as a natural moisturizer because it contains essential fatty acids.
It preserves the elasticity of the skin and helps to keep it smooth, supple, and bright.
Because it is a good moisturizer, it helps keep the skin hydrated and prevents it from getting dry during the winter while making it supple and lustrous at the same time.
Olive oil is said to naturally repair our skin cells, unlike any other expensive beauty product.
It contains vitamin E, flavonoids, and polyphenols that increase the turnover of your skin cells, rendering your skin healthy and sparkling from within.
2. Natural lightening Mask
- In a bowl add equal parts baking soda and lemon juice to a small bowl, and stir them until it forms a uniform paste.
- Using your hands to massage the paste onto your knees and elbows for about 1 minute, then rinse with water.
- Combine soda and lemon juice together to produce a natural lightening paste.
All baking soda and lemon juice act well as natural lightening agents for many people and the crispness of baking soda helps exfoliate the skin.
Both of these will help make the dark skin appear clearer over time.
If your skin is sensitive you can use this other mask which is very gentle.
- In a bowl mix 1⁄2 cup of plain curd with 2 tablespoons of freshly extracted aloe gel.
- To remove the aloe gel from the leaves of the aloe plant, simply cut the leaf off the plant and cut down the middle of the leaf.
- Then use a spoon to remove the gel from the leaf.
- Use a brush or fingers to apply the mask to your knees and elbows, and let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Then, rinse your knees with water.
Aloe has been shown to be a natural treatment for a variety of problems. Aloe vera helps to soothe any skin irritation, can also help fade pigmented and dark skin.
If you don’t have a fresh aloe gel available, you can buy pure aloe from the supermarket to make sure it is free of color and fragrance.
Lactic acid is a natural alpha hydroxy acid that acts as an exfoliator that is present in curd.
Curd helps to moisturize and brighten the skin.
Apply almond oil on your knees for relatively cheap moisturizing application.
- Apply 1 tablespoon of almond oil to your knees and elbows every night.
- Make sure your knees and elbows are coated with oil, then cover them with a strip of fabric or a towel overnight.
Although almond oil is a natural lightener, it also adds moisture to your skin, which helps to minimize darkness by making your skin more supple.