Every season has its own skincare requirements that can not be ignored.
As we get older, our skin becomes more fragile and needs to be nurtured every day to keep it intact.
Dry skin, when untreated, can lead to flaccidity, scratching, bleeding, and scarring.
- 3 tbsp glycerin
- 3 tbsp pure rose water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Clean bottle for storage
- Combine the glycerine, rose water, and lemon juice and pour the mixture into a clean container so that it can be processed.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Take a coin-sized sum of the mixture and add it to your face and neck.
- Make sure your hands are clean during the application process.
- Gently massage the skin in a circular motion until the lotion is fully absorbed.
- Use this every night.
Glycerin helps moisturize your face and makes your skin feel incredibly supple.
The ingredient is easily absorbed and provides long-lasting, non-greasy hydration to your skin.
Lemon, on the other hand, gives the skin a boost in vitamin C and also helps to erase any stains or wounds with its bleaching properties.
- 1 teaspoon of cold-pressed coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, and green tea leaves.
- This can be done with a fork or a whisk.
- Just make sure that it is thoroughly mixed together and that the coconut oil does not break.
- Spread the mixture uniformly on your face using your finger or a cotton swab.
- Let it sit down for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with hot water and pat dry with a clean towel.
This blend of antioxidant-rich green tea, calming coconut oil, lemon, and detoxifying honey will leave your skin feeling moisturized and radiant.
Coconut oil is very light in texture, which means that it can quickly penetrate several layers of skin to moisturize dry skin from inside.
Treat yourself to some instant hydration this winter by simply applying coconut oil to your face and body and leaving it on for 30 minutes before washing with a simple, lukewarm shower.
- Raw shea butter/organic cocoa butter
- Melt some shea butter between your hands.
- Apply this to your clean face and leave it overnight.
(The dual-boiler process can be used to melt butter if it is too solidified to melt with body heat.)
Organic cocoa butter and shea butter can be used every night to keep the skin moisturized.
Slowly taper down the frequency with better texture and dryness of the skin.
The oils in shea butter are similar to the natural oils formed by the skin.
It is quickly absorbed into the skin and has moisturizing and smoothing effects on the skin.
Additional benefits of the use of shea butter include anti-aging, antioxidant, skin barrier repair, and soothing properties due to its high content of triglycerides.
Cocoa butter also acts in a similar way when it comes to alleviating dryness and enhancing skin elasticity.
- Staying in the air conditioning for long hours.
- Artificial tanning process
- Excess intake of caffeine
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Showering too frequently
- Use rough towels to dry your skin
- Usage of exceptionally hot water for bathing
- Usage of skincare items containing alcohol
- Moisturize regularly as it helps to encourage water retention. Before you go to bed, apply a moisturizer to your face and wash it off in the morning with a gentle cleanser.
- Use gentle cleansers free of drying agents such as SLS, parabens, and mineral oil.
- Use dry exfoliators to remove excess dry skin.
- Drink plenty of water and eat fiber-rich foods.