How To Use Nutmeg For Skin For Acne and Pigmentation
Nutmeg, or jaiphal, is an exotic spice noted for its sweet fragrance and used for the preparation of several dishes.
It is the only tropical tree to bear two distinct spices, nutmeg, and mace.
This tropical spice is not only appreciated for its various tastes but is also renowned for its various medicinal properties.
Nutmeg has some beauty and health benefits; all due to the presence of nutrients such as magnesium, manganese, and copper; and vitamins such as B1 and B6.
While you know some of its exceptional health benefits, you need to know how good it is for your skin, too.
Since you’re the uninitiated ones here, we’ll tell you some wonderful skin benefits of nutmeg.
1. Reduces Pigmentation
- Nutmeg powder
- Lemon juice
- In a bowl take 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of plain curd mix all the ingredients.
- Now, add a generous amount of this mask to your face.
- Wait for about 10-15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water, followed by a moisturizer.
- You should do this treatment at least 3 times in a week to see positive results.
One of the most impressive advantages of nutmeg is that it can reduce discoloration and pigmentation from your skin.
Black spots, pigmentation, and freckles occur due to extensive exposure to UV radiation, hormonal changes, age, side effects of medicine, or a certain skin disease.
2. Reduce Dark Spots
- Nutmeg Powder
- Cinnamon Powder
- Raw Honey
- Mix equal parts of nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder with raw honey to create a smooth consistency mask.
- Apply it to your face and let it stay for 15-20 minutes.
- When you are going to seek spot attention, allow for 1 hour or more.
- Wash with cold water. Apply this pack twice a week to get the best results.
Nutmeg and cinnamon possess excellent anti-inflammatory properties.
Even raw honey has antibacterial properties that can help to heal your dark spots even improve your skin tone.
3. Reduce Acne
- Nutmeg Powder
- Sandalwood Powder
- Mix equal parts of nutmeg powder and sandalwood powder with pure rosewater to form a smooth consistency.
- Apply this paste to your entire face. Let it settle down for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
The anti-inflammatory properties of nutmeg help to kill off the annoying pimples that keep on coming back to your face.
Sandalwood has antimicrobial properties plus a soothing feeling that can lighten and clear the acne scars.
When used with rose water, it can reach a deeper level of skin pores and remove any dirt or impurities that make your skin look smooth and hydrated.
4. Brightening Exfoliator
- Raw honey
- Clove oil
- Lemon juice
- Mix the raw honey and add the clove oil to make the paste.
- Now add the nutmeg and lemon juice to the mixture to create a fine paste.
- Massage your skin pack for at least two minutes.
- Your face should feel moist and tingly as the nutmeg deepens your pores, protecting the deeper layers of your skin.
- Now scrub with warm water and pat off.
Its mildly abrasive nature makes it a great exfoliator for your skin and makes it soft and smooth.
Combine it with other important ingredients in the kitchen and give your skin a natural glow.