Glycerin is a highly effective moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated for a long period of time.
It is non-comedogenic, non-allergenic, affordable, and, mostly from plant sources, naturally derived.
Today we’ll show you how you can use glycerin to get glowing and beautiful skin.
So let’s start with our 1st DIY treatment
This face mask has anti-aging benefits.
To make this, you’ll need:
- Vegetable glycerin
- Egg White
- Take egg white from 1 whole egg in a bowl and beat it using a fork until it is frothy. Egg white tightens the skin and reduces the large pore.
- In the egg white, add 1 teaspoon of each vegetable glycerin and raw honey to it and mix.
Glycerin can drastically improve the skin’s moisture levels.
To make it appear healthy, soft, and hydrated, it draws moisture from the environment and traps it in your skin.
- Wash your face and apply this to your face using your fingertips and leave it to dry.
- Once completely dry, wash with lukewarm water.
- Apply a face moisturizer to trap the moisture content in the skin.
Now let’s move to our next DIY treatment.
This is a facial toner that will help to lighten your skin tone.
To make this, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of rosewater
- 5 drops of glycerin
- Juice of half a lemon
- Take a spray bottle and dilute the fresh lemon juice with rosewater. Lemon is rich in vitamin C that acts as an astringent, and lightens your skin tone.
- Next, add glycerin to the bottle and shake well to mix.
Glycerin works as a skin barrier, it helps in repairing and protecting the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Take a cotton ball and spritz some of the toners on it and apply it like a toner.
- Keep it on for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off with normal water.
- Use this toner once a day.
Note: Never use undiluted lemon juice on the skin.
Also, lemon juice makes skin photosensitive, so apply sunscreen before sun exposure.
Let’s move to our 3rd DIY treatment
This treatment will help to heal dull and dry skin.
To make this you’ll need:
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Take a medium size aloe vera leaf and scoop out the gel from it.
- We need about 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel in a bowl.
Aloe vera gel works like a magic solution to treat dull and lifeless skin, it is known for its amazing skin healing and rejuvenating properties.
Even sensitive skin type people can use it.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin and mix it with aloe vera gel.
- This glycerin face pack is now ready to use.
- Wash your face and apply it all over the face and neck.
- With your fingertips, gently massage the mask for a few minutes.
- Leave it on the skin for about 25-30 minutes.
- Wash it off using normal water.
- Reapply this glycerin face pack twice or thrice per week.