Chia seeds are strong boosters for weight loss.
These tiny black and white seeds belong to the mint family and are known to be a superfood.
Chia seeds are rich in fiber, nutrition, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals.
They provide greater satiety, nourish the body, and help improve the protection of the intestines.
They are also filled with antioxidants that boost the lipid profile and minimize fat deposition.
In this article, we’ll share how chia seeds help with weight loss, a diet plan, and simple ways to eat chia seeds.
Chia Seeds For Weight Loss How Much Do You Take?
- You can consume 2-3 tablespoons of chia seeds a day.
- Make sure you don’t overshoot this guideline just to lose weight “fast” as it could turn out to be dangerous at higher doses.
- Speak to your doctor/dietitian before you eat chia.
- In addition to eating chia seeds, you will need to adopt a balanced diet.
Why Chia Seeds?
- Chia seeds have turned out to be a fad among weight watchers for their umpteen health benefits.
- Filled with the goodness of Omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, fibers, vitamins, and minerals that help to enhance immunity, and its daily intake helps to strengthen the digestive system by keeping you happy for longer periods of time and reducing your appetite.
- The presence of soluble fiber makes it easy to digest and enhances your metabolism.
- Finally, adding chia seeds to your meals is so simple that you can enjoy these low-calorie seeds anywhere.
1. Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup of almond milk or regular milk
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the chia seeds.
- Stir in the chia seeds and pour in a glass pan.
- Refrigerate to shape a gel-like (pudding) texture for four hours.
2. Chia Seeds Detox Water:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon green tea
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- Lemon slices
- Soak the seeds of chia in the water.
- Get a cup of water to a boil, and when it begins to boil, remove it from the flame.
- Let it cool down for 2 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of loose green tea and steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the tea in a glass or a bottle.
- Let it cool down for another 5 minutes, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, brown sugar, chia seeds, and lemon wedges.
- Enjoy the new chia seeds detox water.
3. Chia Seeds Fruit Smoothie
- Low-fat milk
- Chia seeds
- Mixed fruits chopped
- Greek yogurt
You need 1 cup of low-fat milk, 3 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1 cup of mixed fruit chopped, 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt to make this fast and easy drink.
- Add all these ingredients to the blender and blend in a smooth blender.
- Make sure that you soak the seeds in the milk and then use the concoction to make the smoothie.
- If the seeds absorb all the milk, add more milk as needed.
- Garnish with some leaves of mint and enjoy.
Chia smoothie is yet another common delight among weight watchers that can be made in so many interesting ways, but adding fresh fruits and vegetables is the best way to improve the health of your drink.
So, it’s not that hard to add chia seeds to your diet.
Besides eating well, you will have to work out 4-5 hours a week.
You’ll see results in two weeks if you stick to a healthy lifestyle.
With that in mind, start adding chia seeds to your diet. Cheers!