An excellent old champi, now and then, will go a long, long way.
It has benefits that are so amazing that you have to do it regularly to believe it.
The oils that you infuse in your hair are mainly made up of a protein called keratin, the benefits of which vary from moisturizing your hair and scalp to controlling blood flow to the scalp, to leaving you with a nourished, shiny mane. The positive ones are endless.
And the good news is, whether you have oily or dry hair, this treatment is suited to all hairstyles.
We know you’re excited enough to try this haircare treatment right now, but there’s no need to hurry to the salon.
How to get the ideal hot oil treatment at home.
Step 1- Choose the Oil As Per your need
We all have different hair types, and wisely selecting your hair oil will just double the benefits of hot oil care.
- Oily Hair- You can go for jojoba oil because it’s just like our natural skin and hair oils.
This will make your hair smooth and beautiful.
- Oily or fresh, flaky hair- Coconut oil works well on all styles of hair.
So, if you’re uncertain about what’s best suited to your hair, this oil is your response.
It’s going to give your lock oodles of shine and an incredible bounce.
- Small, brittle hair- Castor oil gives a healthy boost to your hair, and it’s nice to give you thicker, fuller locks.
It also has drying properties, so massage with this oil for those who have oily hair will be perfect!
- Dry, frizzy hair- Avocado oil is the remedy.
This lock-in just the right amount of moisture in your hair, and more!
Go for it, and we’re going to say.
Hair loss problems- For those concerned about hair loss, sesame oil should be your go-to hot oil treatment option.
The nourishing properties are believed to help delay hair loss and effectively treat those with thinning hair.
Step 2 – Wash your hair before the hot oil treatment
- You should wash your hair on the same day as you intend to do the procedure.
- Ensure that your locks are well washed and avoid using any additional items such as hairspray, mousse, or leave-in conditioner.
- Any build-up of product or dirt on your scalp will prevent hot oil from escaping into your pores so that you won’t get the full value from this oil treatment for your hair.
Step 3- Warm up the oil
After the oil is heated in a saucepan, pour it in a small bowl and put the oil bowl in a boiling hot water pot. This means that the warmth of the oil stays intact during your hair massage.
Step 4- Prepare your hair
Steam your hair means open pores in your scalp, and there’s no better condition than that for hot oil treatment since the scalp can instantly absorb the goodness of the oil. So, make sure your steam your hair when you start the oil massage.
Step 5 – Know the best way to use oil
- Next, you have to comb your hair to get rid of any tangles.
- After combing, cleanly make small sections of the hair and apply some cotton oil, one section at a time.
- Start with the roots and extend it over the length of your hair.
Step 6- Time to massage
- After applying your hair oil, use your fingers to gently massage the oil in your scalp. Do it in a circular motion.
- Do not be too aggressive or apply too much pressure as it may hurt hair follicles and cause hair loss. Do this for 5-10 minutes or so.
Step 7- The Steam Up
- Drop a cotton towel in boiling hot water and wring it well.
- Then wrap the hot towel around your head and leave it for around 5-7 minutes.
- The steam moisturizes the hair and ensures that the pores in your scalp are correctly opened and saturated in the oil.
Step 8- Well wash it
- Using lukewarm water to wash your hair for about an hour after the oil has been in your hair.
- Dilute your shampoo with some water and then add it to your hair so that the harsh chemical does not reverse the effect of the oil massage.
- Better still, use a sulfate-free shampoo.
- If you want, you can apply conditioner your hair or can skip the step depending on what works for you.
- A beautiful hot oil treatment like this, done once a week, is expected to give you a stunning, shiny mane.