HOMEMADE HERBAL HAIR OIL TO BOOSTS HAIR GROWTH
Hair fall, dandruff, dry scalp, and so on are common hair issues today for most people.
An herbal hair oil that helps prevent/reduce both of these problems.
Quite simple to make, inexpensive, and most importantly quite effective.
Our hair health is sliding drastically due to rising toxins, diet deficiencies, comprehensive hair treatments, etc.
It’s important to remember that hair safety depends not only on external but also on internal factors.
And, along with what we put on the head, what we eat also matters a lot.
- 20-30 Fresh Curry leaves
- 8-10 Hibiscus flowers
- 20-30 Healthy hibiscus leaves
- 10-20 Fresh Tulsi leaves
- 2 tbsps Kalonji/Nigella seeds/ Black seeds
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek seeds/Methi seeds
- 1-liter Coconut oil
- Essential oils of your choice
If you want you can make a small batch and just divide all the ingredients by 2.
- Wash all the fresh ingredients and keep them on a kitchen towel and let it dry them completely.
- Now take all the ingredients into a blender jar and make a coarse paste of the ingredients.
- Next, take a heavy-bottomed pan to add this coarse paste and place it on medium heat and add 500 ml of virgin coconut oil
- If coconut oil doesn’t suit you you can use sesame oil which is a good alternative to coconut oil.
- Cook the herbal paste on medium heat until all the moisture is gone. It will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- All the leaves and flowers should turn crispy and brown that’s when the oil is ready since there is no moisture left, double-check that there is no moisture, and also make sure you don’t burn the oil, keep an eye on the pan.
- Once the oil is cooked let the oil cool down in the pan itself and strain using a fine strainer or muslin cloth into a glass jar.
- You can add essential oils if you would prefer, tea tree essential oil, lavender essential oil are a great option.
- Whenever you want to use the oil, just the desired amount of oil depending on how long your hair is.
- Just warm the oil very lightly apply the oil to the scalp and hair.
- Leave the oil preferably overnight or for a couple of hours before washing it off.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and use a mild shampoo and followed by a conditioner.
Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants, it is also a very potent source of iron.
Iron helps improve circulation and brings oxygen to the roots of your hair, making the hair grow faster and longer.
An iron deficiency can cause hair loss.
curry leaves also help in hair growth and prevent premature grey hair.
A rich source of beta-carotene and proteins, curry leaves can minimize hair loss and increase hair growth.
They also contain amino acids and antioxidants that make hair follicles stronger and moisturize the scalp.
Also, curry leaves help extract dead hair follicles, which may be the reason for dandruff.
Hibiscus comes packed with flavonoids, phenolic compounds, anthocyanins, fatty acids, and other pigments that work wonders for hair care from reinforcing the roots to reducing dullness and split ends.
Both the flowers of the hibiscus and its leaves are genuinely good for your hair.
Like the way hibiscus flower leaves are effective in preventing hair drops, the leaves help strengthen the hair follicle root with a good amount of vitamin C and calcium inside.
Tulsi helps boost the circulation of your blood and keeps your scalp healthy, reducing itchiness and dandruff and thereby promoting hair growth.
You’ll be amazed to know that this wonder plant is healthy not just for our health but also for our hair health.
This has antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties due to its curative nature.
Tulsi, which is rich in vitamin K and antioxidants, supports hair by increasing blood circulation and promoting hair growth among others.
Tulsi is the hero ingredient for good hair and skin, filled with vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, and phytonutrients.
Coconut oil works well on dry hair as it preserves the moisture and keeps the hair smooth and light. The fatty acids, being emollient, penetrate deep into and repair the hair strands.
Regular oil treatment makes the hair solid and silky, and also reduces hair breakage.
Healthy hair looks horrible and sounds bad.
Black seeds have anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation to your scalp.
Scalp inflammation can lead to dandruff and other hair issues which cause more hair loss.
Black seeds are nutrient-filled and good for your hair.
It gives your hair vital nutrients and enhances the quality of your hair.
Fenugreek seeds are loaded with nutrients that, when used regularly, not only promote hair growth but also improve hair texture.
Premature greying of hair is a common issue among young people today.
These seeds are packed with potassium which helps to deal with the problem of greying premature hair.
Fenugreek seeds are very beneficial to improve the health of the scalp and make the follicle stronger in the hair.