There are many scar removal creams are available in the market but to be frank they are overpriced. Most of these scar removal products are just a mixture of moisturizers, Vitamin E, as well as perhaps some “antioxidants” and other unproven fillers. If you are also tired of rubbing layers of these store-purchased commercial creams that do not live up to their claims, then try out these home remedies.
All the ingredients used in these home remedies are completely natural and 100% safe on the skin, besides that, these ointments won’t break out sensitive skin. Here are some simple tips that can help reduce any type of scarring that is easy on the pocket and highly effective in the long-run.
Get rid of dark spots with some coconut oil
- Dark spots are very common on the skin.
- If you have sensitive skin and nothing works for you, then try out extra virgin coconut oil.
- After taking a warm shower, slather on a thick layer of extra virgin coconut oil on the affected areas and you are good to go.
- Do it every day to get the best results.
- Extra virgin coconut oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help to diminish the appearance of minor spots and blemishes from your skin.
- It is suitable for most skin types and people with oily skin type can also apply it as it won’t clog the skin pores and give a blemish-free, evened out the complexion with regular usage.
- It deeply moisturizes and nourishes your skin from deep within.
Apply lemon Juice On The Scar:
- Lemon juice contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), which help to remove dead skin cells, helps in the development of new cells and restore some elasticity of the skin.
- As a natural bleach, it can help lighten scars.
- Make sure that the scar and the area around it is clean.
- Soak a cotton pad with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Rub the cotton ball over the scar.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes and then rinse.
- Lemon juice can make your skin sensitive to light; so, consider using sunscreen whenever you leave after this treatment.
Apply a tab bit of honey on your scars and watch them disappear
- Crude Honey can also be used for this purpose.
- Honey is a natural moisturizer can be effective in the treatment of wounds and stimulates the regeneration of skin tissue.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of raw honey with 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Massage for 3 minutes.
- Place a warm towel over the area.
- After it cools down, use it to remove the remaining traces of honey from the skin.
Note: try mixing 2 tablespoons of raw honey with 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make an exfoliating paste, which helps make acne scars.
Use Aloe Vera Gel on the affected areas:
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera help reduce irritation of the skin and remove dead skin wounds.
- This plant can also reduce swelling, help repair damaged skin cells and strengthen the new cells being produced.
- Aloe Vera can be found in many forms, including gels, ointments, and lotions.
Let apple cider vinegar work wonders for your skin
- It is a versatile ingredient that is used to treat the most common skin woes.
- To treat the ugly scars on your skin, all you have to do is mix equal proportions of apple cider vinegar and honey.
- After wiping the affected areas with a warm washcloth, apply this mixture with an applicator brush or cotton petal.
- Let it stay for a while and then wash it off with water.
- Pat dry your skin with a fresh towel and then follow up with body butter to lock in all the nourishment.
- If you want to get the best results from this treatment, then you have to use this ointment at least twice a day, daily.
Use the magical concoction made up of Lavender essential oil and extra virgin coconut oil
- This herbal concoction is the ultimate solution for you if you have extremely dry and flaky skin.
- Apply this concoction on the affected area and then massage it in completely.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process thrice daily to reap the maximum benefits from this treatment.
Use a natural bleach to slowly and steadily fade away the scars
- What do you do when you want to get rid of tiny spots from your face?
- You run to the salon for a bleach treatment, don’t you?
- Do the same thing to fade away the ugly scars from your body as well.
- Wash and peel a potato.
- Cut it into thin wedges.
- Then rub it gently on the affected areas.
- Let the starch remove the spots from your body.
- Rub the affected areas with potato juice for at least 20 minutes at a stretch.
- Allow it to dry up completely on its own.
- Then wash it off with plain water.
- Do the same thing at least once in a day daily to experience a visible change in the appearance of the dark spots from your body.
Use an Indian gooseberry to reduce the intensity of dark spots that appear on your skin
- You can use ready-made gooseberry powder for this treatment.
- Alternatively, you can sun dry the gooseberry and blend it into a powder or simply cut the fruit, make a paste out of it and use it.
- Add some extra virgin olive oil in a mixing bowl along with this paste or powder.
- Mix it well to make a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Apply a thick layer of this paste evenly all over the affected area.
- Leave it on for at least 15 minutes and then wash it off with running tap water.
- Pat dry your skin with a clean towel.
- Slather on a thick layer of body butter.
- Massage it in your skin until the product gets absorbed completely.
- Make sure that you use this paste on every alternate day of the week to get the best results.
Let Fenugreek seed even out the dull and dark scars from your skin
- Fenugreek seed is usually found in most Indian households.
- You can use this ingredient to fade away dark spots from your face easily.
- All you have to do is soak some fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Run it through a blender in the next morning to get a smooth paste.
- At first, you need to neatly wipe the affected area with a warm washcloth.
- Then spread this paste evenly on the affected areas with an applicator brush.
- Wait until it dries up completely.
- Then rinse it off with running tap water.
- Pat dry your face with a towel.
- Apply a moisturizer to let your skin seep in all the nourishment from this mask.
Let rosehip essential oil take care of all your skin woes
- It is one such essential oil that will slowly and steadily fade away all the dark spots from your skin in no time.
- All you have to do is take a tad bit of this essential oil, warm it up between your palms, and then gently apply it to the affected areas and massage it in.
- You have to repeat this process twice a day to get the best results.