Hair spa treatment at home will prove to be a procedure that saves time.
To make an effective hair spa at home for smooth & frizz-free hair, follow these three easy steps.
Step 1: Oil Massage
- 4-5 hibiscus flowers
- 3 hibiscus leaves
- ½ cup sliced amla
- 50 ml of almond oil (cold-pressed)
- 50 ml of coconut oil (cold-pressed)
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush both the hibiscus flowers and hibiscus leaves and make it into a uniform paste.
- Next, chop the amla into small bites.
- Start by mixing both the oil and boil it in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the other ingredients to the oil.
- Boil this for few minutes until it starts to fume.
- Allow the oil to cool down where it is comfortable to touch.
- Strain the oil using a fine strainer.
- On your scalp and down to the full length of hair, apply some of the oil and massage it for 15 minutes.
- For future use, store the rest of the oil in an air-tight jar.
- Take some time after massaging the hair to cover the scalp with steam so that the oil penetrates deep into the hair follicles and encourages better absorption.
- Then you can wash your hair using a normal shampoo.
The blend of coconut oil and almond oil is itself sufficiently potent to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
In addition to increasing blood circulation in the scalp, the addition of hibiscus leaves, flowers, and amla also encourages new hair growth, prevents premature greying, and strengthens the roots of the hair shafts.
Step 2: Steaming
- In the shower, soak a towel and wring it out so that the water does not leak.
- In the microwave, put the towel for 2 minutes or until it is really hot.
- Wrap it around your head with a wet towel.
- With a shower cap or plastic bag wide enough to retain the steam, cover your towel-wrapped head.
- Alternatively steaming with hot water:
- After oiling, steaming your hair with a hot towel is really good as it allows the hair to absorb the shampoo.
- In a tub of hot water, soak a towel.
- Squeeze the excess off.
- Cover your hair with a soft, wet towel.
- Cover and leave it on for 30 mins with a shower cap over it.
Steaming of the hair essentially means using moist heat to moisturize dry, dull hair.
It also enables blood flow to circulate, which encourages hair growth.
The steam will raise the cuticle of the scalp, enabling treatments to reach the hair shaft deeply.
Steaming also facilitates the penetration of moisture, thereby encouraging longer and healthier hair growth.
It becomes brittle when the hair is dry, and then it gradually splits.
Steaming the hair helps improve the natural oils contained in your scalp.
Step 3: Application Of Hair Pack
- 1 ripe banana
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cream
- 2-3 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients in a clean bowl
- Now apply it evenly onto the scalp and hair.
- Keep it on for about 45 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild herbal shampoo.
- Apply a hair serum afterwards.
For both dry and frizzy hair, the moisturizing hair pack is effective.
The natural moisture of the scalp includes aloe vera gel and honey locks, while banana and cream make the hair smooth, manageable, and shiny.
The addition of the essential oil of lavender gives the hair an attractive fragrance.
In order to smooth your frizzy mane, apply this hair pack once a week.