Different Ways To Include Tomato In Your Daily Skin Care Routine
The most conventional vegetable, the tomato has a lot of health benefits. However, what most people are not aware of is its benefits for the skin. Tomato juice contains vitamin C and bleaching properties which help in brightening the skin whilst treating skin problems.
In today’s article, we will share with you multiple ways of using tomato juice to better your skin.
Use them and get spotless skin within no time.
#1 Tomato Juice as a Cleanser
Adding tomato to your cleanser will help in removing impurities while brightening the skin.
Tomato contains vitamin C which restores the glow while treating problems like premature ageing.
- To make your tomato cleanser, all you have to do is mix pulp from 1 tomato with 2 tbsp of baking soda.
- Apply this mix on your face and massage in a circular motion for 2 minutes.
- Use cold water to rinse it off and pat the skin dry.
- Use this cleanser twice every day for best results.
#2. Tomato Juice as a Scrub
A tomato scrub will help you in removing impurities from the pores while removing the dead skin cells as well.
It will provide you with smooth and supple skin.
- Just mix 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons Sea Salt and ½ mashed tomato in a bowl.
- Apply this onto your face and scrub in a circular motion for 2 minutes.
- Rinse it off using cold water and pat the skin dry.
- Finish by applying a light moisturizer over it.
- Use a face scrub thrice every week for best results.
#3. Tomato Juice as Face Toner
Tomato in your toner will help in balancing the pH while bringing an inner glow.
It will help in hydrating the skin which will repair the damage from the roots.
- To make your toner, just mix juice from 1 tomato with juice from half a lemon.
- Apply it on your face using a cotton ball and massage in a circular motion.
- Once your skin had soaked the entire solution, rinse it off using cold water.
- Use this toner twice every day for best results.
#4. Tomato Juice as a Massaging Cream
A massaging cream hydrates the skin and adds nourishment to it.
Adding tomato to it will further add the element of brightness.
- Just mix 1 teaspoon of tomato juice, 1/2 teaspoon of carrot juice, 1/2 teaspoon of yoghurt and 1 vitamin E capsule.
- Apply this onto your skin and massage till the skin absorbs it.
- Use this cream thrice every day for best results.
#5. Tomato Juice as a Spot Treatment
Spot treatments have become a rage and everyone with an acne problem is including it in their routines.
If you use a spot treatment using tomato, it will help in reducing the redness as well as the swelling due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- To do this spot treatment, take some tomato pulp on a q-tip and apply it on the acne.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it off using cold water.
- Repeat this process twice if the acne is flared up.