Yummy, juicy fruits are not only good for our health but also good for our skin.
When you’re looking for a smooth, fresh, and radiant face, consider transferring the goodness of the fruit to the skin with the DIY fruit facial.
Fresh fruit extracts are known to improve the appearance of the skin while significantly improving its health and appearance.
And the great thing about facial fruit is that you don’t need to visit the parlor to get it done.
Only do it at any time right from the comfort of your home and in a few easy steps without spending big bucks.
1st Step Cleanser
- You should wash your face with a mild soap or some other gentle facial cleanser.
- It is recommended, however, that you make use of cold raw milk for this.
Being among the best natural cleansers, raw milk will keep the pores dirt-free and make the skin shiny.
- For better results, prepare a natural cleaning solution by combining some fresh lime juice and some standard salt with milk.
- Dip a cotton ball in it and wash away all the grime from your face by rubbing the ball in a circular upward motion.
- Often, wash your face with lukewarm water after you’ve done washing.
Being highly acidic, lime juice has astringent properties that help reduce the development of sebum in the skin.
The citric acid in the lemon can treat non-inflammatory acne as blackheads by dissolving dead cells.
Lemon also has good antimicrobial and antifungal properties that drive inflammatory acne-causing bacteria as well as itchy skin away.
2. Step Exfoliation
- Lemon Peel Powder
- Rose Water
Without good exfoliation, your facial fruit will have no good impact.
- So, prepare a soft homemade scrub by mixing oatmeal, lemon peel powder, and rose water.
Anti-inflammatory oatmeal prevents dry, irritated skin by sloughing dead cells off the surface of the skin, soothing the associated itchiness.
Lemon peel powder and rose water, on the other hand, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin to give it a good look.
- Gently exfoliate your face with this mixture for 4 to 5 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
You can also substitute the lemon peel powder with raw milk or fresh yogurt and make an uneven paste on your face.
Yogurt or milk hydrates moisturizes and nourishes the skin well after deep exfoliation.
A combination of baking soda and water will also help to exfoliate the face effectively.
3rd Step Skin Brightening Mask
- You can prepare it by reducing some bananas, papayas, and strawberries to a smooth pulp and mixing a little honey as well as milk with mashed fruit.
- Apply this creamy mask on your face and neck for at least 15-20 minutes, then wash with cold water.
Facial massage is a perfect way to relax your facial muscles while enhancing the blood supply to the skin and toning it up.
In addition, when packed with antioxidants, enzymes, and other skin-friendly nutrients, these fruits that help to moisturize, nourish, and invigorate your skin from within.
Post-Facial Treatment Follow-up Tips
- When done with your facial fruit, be sure to take care of your skin in the following ways:
- Wait until your skin warms up and your pores look clean and refreshed.
- Keep away from the washing and rubbing the skin up to 2 hours after facial.
- You should clean your face with cold water if it feels too oily after the treatment.
- Do not go out in the sun or apply make-up straight after the facial.
- Stick to clean water or a natural face wash to clean your face up to 1-2 days after facial.