Simplicity is key when it comes to treating hyperpigmentation and discolouration. Today in this post, we will share 2 routines, that will help you to get an even skin tone. With regular use, you can see a visible difference in just 3 weeks of time. You can choose either one routine, that suits your skin type.
So let’s start with routine#1, this routine is serum based
Step#1 of this routine is a cleanser
- First, wash your face with a gentle cleanser to get rid of all water-based dirt from your face.
- After that take some micellar water on a clean cotton pad and wipe your face with this to remove all oil-based dirt from your face.
Now coming to step#2 of this routine, that is a serum
- If you have dark spots on your face, you must try Tranexamic acid face serum. This ingredient is very effective to control melanin production and help in hyperpigmentation. For stable formula, you can look for serums that contain 3% of Tranexamic acid and Niacinamide
- Apply a few drops of this serum on your face, pat it lightly for absorption.
The last step of this routine is, moisturiser
After cleansing your face and applying serum, it’s time to moisturize.
- Use any gel-based moisturiser and leave it overnight on your face.
- If you follow this routine, use it daily to get the best results.
Now coming to our routine#2, that is with retinoids
- For this routine also, first, you have to clean your face with a gentle cleanser and micellar water.
- After that don’t apply anything, let it dry completely for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take your retinoid cream, if you are a beginner, you can start with tretinoin 0.025%. Take a pea-size amount of this cream, apply in this form of small dots all over your face, and then spread it every on your face.
- Let it absorb on your skin for 10 minutes and then apply moisturiser on your face.
- If you are following this routine, for 1st week use it alternate days and from 2nd week you can use this routine daily.
As earlier said, you can choose any one routine for your nighttime, but make sure you apply sunscreen daily after your morning skincare routine.