Darkening of the lip can be due to hyperpigmentation. It causes skin irritation and slowly lips become darker and uneven. Today in this post, we will share a very basic treatment for lips, that will help you to remove the pigmented layer from your lips and with time they will become pink naturally.
Step#1 – Scrub Your Lips
Make sure you do not use scrub available in the market for this step. Lips do not have any sweat or sebaceous glands on them, and they need very gentle care. It is always better to use DIY scrub for lips.
To make this scrub, you will need
- 1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsp of rose water
- And 1 tbsp of fresh malai
- First, in a clean bowl take pomegranate seeds, crush them.
- Now in this add rose water and malai.
- Mix and your scrub is ready.
- Apply this paste on your lips and rub gently for 2 minutes.
- Then apply one more layer and leave it for 5 minutes on your lips.
- Wipe it off and your scrubbing is done.
If you do not have all the ingredients for this scrub, you can also use a honey sugar scrub
- Mix some brown sugar with honey and your scrub is ready.
- Apply this mixture on your lips and rub it gently in a circular motion.
- Leave it for 5 minutes on your lips and then wipe it off.
- After scrubbing next step is to keep your skin moisturised.
- In the daytime, you can use your regular lip balm. It is always better to use lip balm with SPF.
- At night time apply a few drops of coconut oil or ghee on your lips. Let it act on your lips for a full night and wipe it off the next morning.
Apart from that, there are a few tips, that you must follow to protect your lips
- Do not use lip balms, that contain beeswax, camphor, menthol or mint. These ingredients can cause allergies that will lead to hyperpigmentation.